• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

glyph help?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2017 Jun 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to place a glyph on a line between page # and book title, but the glyph won't stay on the line - only above or below. No text wrap issues, I checked. I have a screen shot if that helps. Thanks!

Here's the screenshot

Screenshot (18).png

Why won't it lower to sit at the base of the type? When I try to, it just becomes an empty box with the red + sign

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 24, 2017 Jun 24, 2017

Actually, I was just playing with it... let's go the other way and align it to the baseline grid—along with the rest of the running head elements, which are in their own frames, and are not actually aligned with each other. (The A is higher that Stockton Voices).

InDesign CCss_009.png

Or...

why not just put all three elements in the same frame? Baseline grid or no baseline grid, they will line up correctly. I used em spaces on either side—Type > Insert White Space > Em Space.

InDesign CCss_011.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Lounge Forum is not for technical help, please provide the name of the program you are using so your message may be moved to the correct program forum... A program would be Photoshop or Dreamweaver or Illustrator or InDesign or ???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry- I am new to this, I'm all set, but for the future, how do I ask technical questions for Indesign?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Leila: come back to this forum. You can bookmark this link—InDesign.

If you've already got the glyph were you want it, just ignore this, but you can shift selected text up and down with the Baseline Shift command:

InDesign CCss_012.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Leila: It's hard to tell what's going on from that screen shot, but I see a baseline grid in the background so let's start there—is the glyph snapped to the grid? You might select the glyph, and take if off the grid, and then switch back to the selection tool and use the arrow keys to nudge it down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, I was just playing with it... let's go the other way and align it to the baseline grid—along with the rest of the running head elements, which are in their own frames, and are not actually aligned with each other. (The A is higher that Stockton Voices).

InDesign CCss_009.png

Or...

why not just put all three elements in the same frame? Baseline grid or no baseline grid, they will line up correctly. I used em spaces on either side—Type > Insert White Space > Em Space.

InDesign CCss_011.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

that is helpful

And then I realize, it ought to be higher anyway...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL, I'm moving slowly this morning, Leila... which of the three answers did you pick? I'm hoping it was the last one—it was the easiest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fussing with it re: arrows, because I like to do things the hard way...I'll

learn!

On Sat, Jun 24, 2017 at 11:15 AM, BarbBinder <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines