• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 5 on new computer

New Here ,
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Lightroom 2 and the upgrade to Lightroom 5. 

I installed both and was greeted by a message stating my copy was out of date and a link to an update was provided.  I clicked the link to find it is no longer active.  (Why is Adobe providing the notice for an update when the link is dead?)

I found another place on Adobe's site where I could download Lightroom 5, hoping that it was the latest version and it would pick up my license, I installed it.  That didn't work.  So I tried installed my version from CD and that didn't work.  Then I tried removing all Adobe Lightroom files and starting fresh, but that didn't work.

Now, I have the version from the website installed and am getting this error:

Adobe Application Manager, required to start your trial, is missing or damaged.

Please download a new copy of Adobe Application Manager from

http://www.adobe.com/go/applicationmanager.

Is there something I can do to get this working?

I'm using a Mac.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2017 Jun 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest-

1. Backup your catalog by copying it to another hard-drive. (Do not delete the Catalog)

2. Un-install all Lightroom programs.  (In a Mac I think you just drag from Applications to Trash)

3. Download Lightroom v5.7.1 from here-

Download Photoshop Lightroom

4. You need to expand the line -"Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5 "  under the section "Download Adobe Photoshop Lightroom"

5. Click on the Mac OS X  Download  (530 MB) link.

ScreenShot039.jpg

6. Install v5.7.1

7. You will need BOTH Serial Numbers for Lightroom-2 and Lightroom-5.  The first time you run LR5.7.1 it will ask for the LR2 number first then the LR5 'upgrade' number. (Be sure to carefully store BOTH Serial numbers for future reference!)

This should get you going, just open your catalog file. If Lightroom does not find it and wants to start a new catalog- close Lightroom, find your Catalog in Finder and Double-click it to open.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response.  Your steps are precisely what I had done before.  I performed them again for good measure, and the results are the same.  I'm still receiving this message:

Adobe Application Manager, required to start your trial, is missing or damaged.

Please download a new copy of Adobe Application Manager from

http://www.adobe.com/go/applicationmanager.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It maybe worth trying the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaning Tool, and re-installing.

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

I know it says for CC apps and installs, but if I remember correctly it also cleans up everything Adobe on your computer. I can remember using it when I had troubles transferring from Lr5 to Lr-CC

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the additional tip.

I gave it a whirl and it suggested that I clean my host file.  It attempted and it corrected 0 entries.  I took a peek at the hostfile and it looks very pristine.

##

# Host Database

#

# localhost is used to configure the loopback interface

# when the system is booting.  Do not change this entry.

##

127.0.0.1 localhost

255.255.255.255 broadcasthost

::1            localhost

Any other thoughts?  Surely someone from Adobe knows how to solve this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a side note. If you just bought a current Mac model, then it probably runs macOS 10.12 Sierra and can't run any earlier system. When you get your Lightroom 5 installation figured out, be aware that there are a number of problems with Lightroom 5 on Sierra (See: Lightroom and Sierra | macOS 10.12). You might be OK if none of the issues in the linked Adobe tech note affect Lightroom 5 on your new Mac, but if you run into any of those problems, you'll want to plan to upgrade to the current version of Lightroom when you're able to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed a copy of Adobe Application Manager that i found here: Adobe - Adobe Application Manager : For Macintosh

That got me past my error, but then it asked me to sign in (which it didn't do previously).  After that, I clicked the option to license the application, but it didn't recognize either of my license keys (from Lightroom 2 and the upgrade to Lightroom 5).

Now I am able to run Lightroom 5.7.1, but it is only the trial version.  Does anyone know how to get my license key in?  (is this a new issue?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 24, 2017 Jun 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again. We are just other Lr users on this forum that is not always seen by Adobe staff, and I hope I am not giving you wrong advice (as a Windows person) and if the problem persists you will need to contact Adobe Support.

THBOMK  the Adobe Application Manager is for people who have a Creative Cloud subscription. I do not see any need for you to have it as you are trying to install and run the 'Stand-alone' version of LR 5.7.1

Troubleshoot Adobe Application Manager download and installation issues

The AAM would be running your LR as the Creative Cloud version, hence the "Trial version" as you are not a subscriber.

My thought would be to Sign-out of the Trial, un-install the AAM, restart Lightroom, and hopefully you get the 'Stand-alone' activation that requires the Serial keys.

Your situation now is very similar to the info at his link- (You are trying to convert a Lightroom CC trial to Lightroom 5)

How to convert a Lightroom CC trial to Lightroom 6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2017 Jun 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wobertc​: Thanks for the help. It seems I have finally sorted it out.  Here are the steps that I think worked:

• Install latest version of Adobe Application Manager
  • Remove Adobe Application Manager
  • Remove Adobe Lightroom (5.7.1 from web)
  • Install Adobe Lightrooom 5 from disc
  • License Adobe Lighroom 5
  • Install Adobe Lighroom 5.7.1 from web

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2019 Feb 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had success by re downloading Adobe Lightroom 5.7.1 from an hidden link

https://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/lightroom/mac/5.x/Lightroom_5_LS11_mac_5_7_1.dmg

My serial number was then rightfully recognize. And so far, it seems that this version works on MacOS Mojave 10.14.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2019 Apr 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

omg.  This so saved me so much grief.  Thank you for posting!  Am now using 5.7.1 stand alone.  So grateful.  Cannot use Creative Cloud because do not have stable internet everywhere I go.  These cloud solutions are ok for some people, but for those of us "out in the boonies", we do not have the luxury of reliable internet.  Most times ,we don't have it at all, and when we do, it's usually slow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines