• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sync filmstrip selection with grid selection

Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2017 Jun 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The photo selected in the grid is no longer synced with the photo selected in the grid and loupe view. If I click on a photo in the grid the filmstrip selection does not change and if I click on a photo in the filmstrip the grid selection does not change. This happened to me once before but I do not remember how I fixed it and I have been unable to find a solution in Lightroom help or Google.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 25, 2017 Jun 25, 2017

Resetting preferences is indeed annoyingly inconvenient. But unless someone else has a better suggestion, that may be the only workaround (not guaranteed).   LR has a nasty habit of soiling its preferences.  (Also, reinstalling LR doesn't reset the preferences.)

You can also report a bug in the official Adobe feedback forum: Photoshop Lightroom | Photoshop Family Customer Community . (Adobe product developers don't participate in this forum, which is primarily user-to-user.) While reporting bugs

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two first troubleshooting steps:

1. Reboot your computer.

2. Reset LR's preferences: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/ . Sprinkling that magic fairy dust often fixes things when the user interface goes wonky.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rebooting does not help. This is a "feature" not a bug. Resetting the preferences probably would work but it seems to me that is a little like digging a hole with a 1000 lb. bomb. You do get a hole but you likely have a lot more work to do.

It

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resetting preferences is indeed annoyingly inconvenient. But unless someone else has a better suggestion, that may be the only workaround (not guaranteed).   LR has a nasty habit of soiling its preferences.  (Also, reinstalling LR doesn't reset the preferences.)

You can also report a bug in the official Adobe feedback forum: Photoshop Lightroom | Photoshop Family Customer Community . (Adobe product developers don't participate in this forum, which is primarily user-to-user.) While reporting bugs is always a good thing to do from a long-term community perspective, Adobe is unfortunately unlikely to take any action on a bug unless they can immediately reproduce it or there are many users affected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

mcfarnham  wrote

Rebooting does not help. This is a "feature" not a bug. Resetting the preferences probably would work but it seems to me that is a little like digging a hole with a 1000 lb. bomb. You do get a hole but you likely have a lot more work to do.

It

This certainly is not a feature. But are you using a dual monitor setup?

Make a copy of the Preferences file before you reset. If it doesn't help then just replace the Preferences file you reset with the one you mad a copy of, IE the original before the reset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines