• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Previewing clips in Elements 15

Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2017 Jun 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've realised that you can double click on a video to preview it before adding it to the timeline.  However, the window that it opens in is incredibly small and getting the cursor in the correct place to be able to resize the window is very difficult as it needs to be so precise.  Is there anyway to be able to easily preview clips in a bigger window?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

chrisg71752571  wrote

.... Is there anyway to be able to easily preview clips in a bigger window?

Not within Premier Elements that I have ever found.  

There is another way.  When I'm working on a project, I put copies of all my clips in a single folder.  The main reason is that it is easier to archive the project with everything in one place. 

A side benefit is that all the clips are readily viewable in Windows Explorer.  A double clik plays the clip.  The cool part is that you can drag and drop the clip from Windows Explorer directly to the timeline for editing.  If you have two monitors, the Windows Explorer window can exist separately and very large!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice idea.  The only problem with that is that I like to mark in and out points as I am previewing the clip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once the clip monitor is open and enlarged to your liking, you can leave it open in.  Each time you double click another asset it will replace what is in the monitor.  

If you drag the monitor to the timeline, the clip will insert and the monitor will close.   Instead, right click on the monitor an select insert.  The monitor stays open but the part between the in and out points will get inserted.

This works well in a two monitor setup but will work with one monitor too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

whsprague​ Thank you that is helpful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines