• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have Adobe InDesign CS6 installed, I plan to restore factory settings on my PC. Do I need to unregister Indesign first?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2017 Jun 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

My PC needs f-disking and then a complete re-install of Operating System and software.

I'm running InDesign CS6. Do I need to un-register this before f-disking? If so, how do I do this?

Thanks,

Gwyn.

[Moved from the non-technical LOUNGE Forum to an actual Program forum... Mod]

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 25, 2017 Jun 25, 2017

Here is a link on how to deactivate. CS6 was available as a stand-alone product and as part of the Creative Cloud. Deactivating both is shown here:

Activate and deactivate Adobe products

If you can't deactivate prior to reinstalling your OS, you can contact Adobe afterwards, and they can help. Contact Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks John.

In InDesign CS6 there doesn't appear to be a "Deactivate" option in either the File menu or the Help menu.  Do you or other forum members have any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't use InDesign... but I did have to deactivate Premiere Pro CS6 to uninstall and reinstall, and the option was in Help, so I have no idea why clicking Help does not show deactivate in the drop down window

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a link on how to deactivate. CS6 was available as a stand-alone product and as part of the Creative Cloud. Deactivating both is shown here:

Activate and deactivate Adobe products

If you can't deactivate prior to reinstalling your OS, you can contact Adobe afterwards, and they can help. Contact Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2017 Jun 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that that's going to be my best bet BarbBinder.  Thanks for your input.
A big Thank You to everyone who has provided their advice and guidance.

Gwyn.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2017 Jun 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines