• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 6 rebranded as Lightroom CC after update

Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have purchased and installed Lightroom 6 as a standalone app. The about box and splash screen both showed Lightroom 6.0.

After searching and applying the latest updates, the about box and the splash screen now both show Lightroom CC 2015.10.1.

So what version do I have and how can I revert the branding back to Lightroom 6.x?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you sign out of Lightroom CC, and then sign back in and apply your serial number for LR 6, you will have LR 6.

How to convert a Lightroom CC trial to Lightroom 6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I was aware of this KB article. Tried it. Still branded as Lightroom CC 2015.10.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you entered your serial number properly, it should say Lightroom 6, so I think you must have done something wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Open Lightroom
  2. Sign out
  3. Relaunch Lightroom
  4. PDApp comes up
  5. Sign in with my Adobe credentials
  6. Retrieve the license number from Adobe
  7. Enter the license number by hand double checking every number
  8. Lightroom launches with CC branding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you paying the subscription fee of $9.99 (US Dollars), or some other fee if you live outside the US?

It seems to me (based on memory, but I haven't done this in probably two years) that you don't sign in using your Adobe credentials. If you are performing this step, that's probably the error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I did have a CC subscription but it expired more than a month ago. I do not have any active Adobe subscriptions right now.

Just recently I bought a standalone version of LR - LR 6 though an authorized reseller, had an account setup at Adobe Licensing Website (LWS) where I can retrieve my SN. There, in my account it says I have a license for LR 6 - which is correct.

So I went here: Download Photoshop Lightroom and downloaded a dmg file for LR 6, installed it and licensed with my SN. The branding is all right - LR 6.0. Then once I updated the app using the "...Updates" menu item in LR, it changed the branding to Lightroom CC 2015.10.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The branding is all right - LR 6.0. Then once I updated the app using the "...Updates" menu item in LR, it changed the branding to Lightroom CC 2015.10.1.

And what is the reason you think it is 2015.10.1? Show me a screen capture.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR system info. When I installed and licensed LR prior to applying the update it showed version 6.0 and License: perpetual

Screenshot 2017-06-23 09.30.55.png

LR about

Screenshot 2017-06-23 09.32.46.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2017 Jun 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried creating a new Adobe id, never associated with any CC subscription. Still, after updating LR 6.0 with the latest update 6.10.1, LR reverts to Lightroom CC 2015.10.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suppose you sign out, and then sign in with a brand new User ID (not the one you used when you were using the trial version of Lightroom) and then apply your serial number. That should work. Please give it a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, still the same. It is still branded as Lightroom CC 2015.10.1 and my license is still shown as being Creative Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The confusing part of your situation is that Lightroom 6 and Lightroom CC are the SAME program installed using the SAME installer. So by purchasing a boxed Lightroom 6 and installing it you were installing the same Lightroom that you were using when you were subscribed to the Creative Cloud. The only thing that changes is the licensing. At the licensing is what is supposed to change what features you have access to. But I don't know how to tell you to change that. I have never used Lightroom 6. I went from Lightroom 5 and switched directly to Lightroom CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I understand this. Even the updater displays something along the lines "...Updating your software to Lightroom CC 2015.10.1 / Lightroom 6.10.1". It is the SN and the fact that my Adobe ID has no active CC subscription that should tell the installer how to license the app.

I personally think it's the problem at Adobe's end but so far I have not got an official response from them on how to fix this problem or if it is a problem at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 24, 2017 Jun 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, let's ignore the updater software. It will read Lightroom CC for everyone, even if you have LR 6. It means nothing.

Did you try logging in with a different userID? And that didn't work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, but that's the whole problem. I did not buy the CC license. I bought perpetual license. But the program shows I have a CC license. So from what I see, I am not using the program I paid for. I do not know what is going to happen in a year. Will LR quit working because it's going to think my CC license expired? I want to use LR 6 for several years, without paying any subscription fees.

Yes, I did try to sign out and sign in with completely new Adobe ID without any subscriptions attached to it whatsoever. It did not work. It is still showing CC license.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With a text edtior, open the file indicated as the Serial Number file in this document

Preference file and other file locations | Lightroom CC and 6

Do you see your serial number, or something else? (DO NOT post your serial number in this forum , just answer YES OR NO)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2017 Jun 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I do not have "Lightroom 6.0 Registration" file or folder.

I am about to give up on this issue. For the last several days I must have spent over 10 hours with 5 or 6 Adobe reps online. And they all want to do just EXACTLY the same thing. Login to my mac, uninstall LR, delete bunch of cache and pref files, run CC cleaner tool and reinstall LR. Although I told them that it would NOT work, they insist that now they had it all figured out. Of course nothing works. And they all contradict each other. One tells me it's a problem with my installation, the other tells me it's the problem with failed registration of software at Adobe licensing server and now he fixed it (still does not work), one tells me that the update I have downloaded from Adobe is not designed for LR 6.0 the other tells me the update is designed for both LR 6.0 and CC 2015. At the end they say that the problem is beyond their expertise and I need to contact LR team. Although at the very beginning of the chat session I indicated that I needed support for a very specific issue exactly from a LR engineer.

Anyway, with my rant off, I received another response:

"You are likely seeing a 7-day trial of the Creative Cloud features. If you've properly entered your serial number, it will revert to version 6.10.1 at the end of the trial."

So I don't know what to do. I'll still try and get hold of LR team and I'll see what happens in 7 days.

And of course I'm open for suggestions from the people here in the forums, I appreciate that you are trying to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,same problem here....but mine is even worse....after update it says that I am on trial version.....and could not revert even on Lightroom 6.0 although I need 6.5 to support my camera....any help is appreciated

Kind regards

Btw...I never had subscription....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

markom94687924

Please try the suggestions already made in this thread. They have worked for some people.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried everything but nothing seems to work....

It even ask me twice for serial number and second time i enter it is says that is incorrect

not sure what to do....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to clarify, the serial number consists of six groups of four numbers, all numerical, the first four are 1160. DO NOT POST YOUR SERIAL NUMBER. Does your serial number conformed to that pattern?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes 24 numbers.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You indicated that it asked for the serial number twice. Did it ask for the Lightroom 6 serial number and then for the serial number of a previous version? If you purchased the Lightroom 6 upgrade then you need to have the serial number of your originally purchased version of Lightroom as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes twice,it never mention SN of previous versions because I did not own previous versions.

I did not purchase upgrade ...I just  go to ...help>update and all problems start from there

I have my original serial number retrieved from AVL

first time I when I downloaded and installed it was V6.0.....after update CC...after few times always the same it is installed as CC not V6.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines