• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble installing Elements 15

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2017 Jun 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have successfully downloaded Premier Elements 15 and I started to install.  But at 65% it stopped.  It was telling me it was still installing, so I left the computer to it.  But two hours later, it was still stuck at 65%, so I cancelled the installation.  I am still using Windows 7, could this be the reason?  Or is there something else I should be trying to do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 26, 2017 Jun 26, 2017

There are some anti-virus and firewall programs that have been known to block installation. 

Try contacting Adobe at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?step=PRE 

It is a "chat" system.  My understanding is that support there is limited to installation issues, but they are good at that.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2017 Jun 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How much spare disk space do you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2017 Jun 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 634 Gb on the C drive and 1.3 Gb available on the drive I store my video clips on.  So there is plenty of space.  It downloaded perfectly, and I will try to install again today

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just tried to install it again, and it ground to a halt at 65%.  I am beginning to wonder if Elements 15 is compatable with Windows 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are some anti-virus and firewall programs that have been known to block installation. 

Try contacting Adobe at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?step=PRE 

It is a "chat" system.  My understanding is that support there is limited to installation issues, but they are good at that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2017 Jun 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The one that was playing up and not installing was a "Try out" version and three times it ground to a standstill at 65% installed.  So I removed the trial version completely and downloaded a version that I paid for without trying it out.  That has installed perfectly.  So all is okay, although I am yet to be convinced it is better than Elements 14.

Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines