• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Namespace issues when publishing HTML5 Canvas

Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2017 Jun 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am developing an HTML/Canvas application with AnimateCC and JS libraries. We had the issue with one namespace value (i.e.: publish with Symbols as 'movie') for publishing in different .fla files. Probably it is what you mentioned on this thread.

The problem was 'movie' namespace is on global scope and it was overridden (or, concatenated) every time the browser finished loading  a new 'movie' into memory, so it causes that the different methods are not being called to the corresponding reference in these sections. The solution is to reset the namespace 'movie' to null whenever you load in a new section.

For example:

queue.on('fileload', function(event) {

//Take a deep copy of movie and add it to content var

var content = $.extend(true, {}, movie);

// store exported 'movie/lib' namespaces in their section

_root.sections.namespace = content;

movie = null; // remove movie for next section

}

A note with recent update of Animate version 2017.5, Build 16.5.0.100, it seems to be a bug or an intention that the namespace was not exported at all. But you can get it from the global AdobeAn object.

var keys = Object.keys(AdobeAn.compositions);

var adobeCompositionId = keys[0];

var namespace = AdobeAn.compositions[adobeCompositionId].getLibrary();

console.log('AdobeAn namespace: ', namespace);

Hope it helps.

Cheers

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel sure this is going to be a different issue, so I will branch it out into its own topic, titled "Namespace issues when publishing HTML5 Canvas".

If I'm wrong, and it turns out to be exactly the same issue, feel free to laugh at me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is another reason to just use iframes. New page? Clear the iframe. All globals automatically wiped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a real problem for my team, and does not seem to be fixed in Animate CC 2018.  To articulate the symptom we see, if you look at the end of the published js file, we expect to see something like this:

})(assets_ui_components_MyComponent = assets_ui_components_MyComponent||{}, images = images||{}, createjs = createjs||{}, ss = ss||{}, AdobeAn = AdobeAn||{});
var assets_ui_components_MyComponent, images, createjs, ss, AdobeAn;

When publishing with 16.5.1 (2017.5) and 18 (2018), this is not present.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The code you posted is just declaring a bunch of variables. What is the actual problem you're having?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I realize that's not a very good code sample -- it's just a quick indicator of what exists, or doesn't, depending on whether you have a version less than 16.5 or not.  In the context of the rest of the js file, it's not just declaring variables.  In the first line I pasted, the effect is that it specifies the objects in which to create all of the symbol definitions.  This is the mechanism we've assumed for defining assets in different namespaces, and one we've written logic around.

With later versions of Animate, I can see that the namespace management all happens in javascript embedded in the published HTML, instead of right in the js file.  So, I retract the implication that this is a bug; but it does appear that way when the js artifact is all we're looking at. I don't know why Adobe changed this mechanism, esp. without the option to control the behavior, for backwards compatibility.  But, I think we've figured out how to adjust code on our end to be compatible with either format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines