Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photo Merge - Templates/Apply same stitch to adjusted images for a composite

Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2017 Jun 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

When using photo merge, all things being the same except some some exposure changes to the same set of images in LR, the panoramic images are not aligned the same.

I'm trying to create a composite where I need to adjust the image files and end up with two images stitched/aligned the same.

Any ideas on how this maybe possible using PS?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 25, 2017 Jun 25, 2017

No.  You use Photomerge to stitch your un- adjusted image files into as stitch panorama document and save your panorama document.  Panorama document you duplicate into a new document and target the two layer and convert them into a smart object layer.  Your un-adjusted panorama is now a single smart object layer.  You the use menu Filter>Camera Raw Filter and adjust the exposure of the panorama.  You do not stitch twice you adjust the exposure of the stitched panorama.

Capture.jpg

I do not use lightroom but

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not use lightroom but if you use lightroon  and change image exposure from one to to an others  that seem like it destroys the whole practice of keeping all image the same so they can be stitched together the best they can so the seam will have great detail and look seamless.

I also do not believe what you see in Photomerge dialog are templates they are more like  what type of Panoramic projection to create. Where Auto most like looks at the number of images,  their overlap layout and the Len used to choose which type would be best Perspective, Cylindrical or Spherical.  I never understood what Collage is its lcon looks just like the Cylindrical's icon without the blue background. Perhaps that is what you should use the missing blue in the icon may mean Photomerge will not try to adjust the image it will just to stitch them. When overlap is not good you try Reposition. There are additional option in the Photomerge for using additional image adjustments.

IMO When you use Photomerge you should not adjust the images used you should let Photomerge do its thing.

With two image you may want to use Cylindrical all the time with Auto either  Perspective or Cylindrical will be used depend what the field of vile works out to be above  120 degrees Perspective will introduce to much distortion .

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

Im not individually changing exposure on single images. What I was trying to do is have the same output in alignment, of the same set of images with different exposures if possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In that case why not simply stitch once dupe the stitched image, Make the two layers into a smart object layer  and adjust the smart object layer with Photoshop's  ACR filter. as a smart filter.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photo Merge says it cant merge smart objects. Is that what you meant?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.  You use Photomerge to stitch your un- adjusted image files into as stitch panorama document and save your panorama document.  Panorama document you duplicate into a new document and target the two layer and convert them into a smart object layer.  Your un-adjusted panorama is now a single smart object layer.  You the use menu Filter>Camera Raw Filter and adjust the exposure of the panorama.  You do not stitch twice you adjust the exposure of the stitched panorama.

Capture.jpg

I do not use lightroom but withe Photoshop I can open  all the image to be stitched inot Photoshop Plug-in ACR and select all the thumbnails in ACR dialog and hasb ACR stitch the images int a DNG file I can open as a smart object layer.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It worked!! Thank you. I tried making two panos in ACR as you showed following.

"I do not use lightroom but withe Photoshop I can open  all the image to be stitched inot Photoshop Plug-in ACR and select all the thumbnails in ACR dialog and hasb ACR stitch the images int a DNG file I can open as a smart object layer."

After making adjustment before creating the second pano, it was processed with the exactly the same stitching. When I did this with Photo Merge directly or through LR, the shape of the output pano was slightly different. It's as if different control points had been selected on the lightened image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines