Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to create own transition for premiere pro

Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2017 Jun 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am new to after effects, I try and research some tutorials in google and youtube, but can still find an answer.

There are some transitions pack you can buy in the internet. But I want to make my own transition in after effects and use it as template in premiere pro.

I saw some youtube tutorials where they make differnt transitions, but they inkluded 2 or more video clips in after effects directly.

But I don't want to inklude the video directly in after effects, because the videos should be assets of premiere pro.

In other packages I saw that they use green screens (for simple transitions, but also for complex animations like throwing polariods pictures on a table).

How can I make a transition in after effects more general, so that I have not to inklude the video stuff in after effects.

Do you have some tutorials or keywords under which I can my own reserach?

Many thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 26, 2017 Jun 26, 2017

How can I make a transition in after effects more general, so that I have not to inklude the video stuff in after effects.

You can't. That's just how it works. Your comp in AE simply becomes a clip in Premiere and by its nature a clip is a flat stream. Any work to edit such stuff therefore relies on doing it in AE. Of course you can get crazy and build all sorts of templates and mattes and employ every trick in the book to use them in premiere, but why woulkd you? The facts won't change - some st

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 26, 2017 Jun 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't. That's just how it works. Your comp in AE simply becomes a clip in Premiere and by its nature a clip is a flat stream. Any work to edit such stuff therefore relies on doing it in AE. Of course you can get crazy and build all sorts of templates and mattes and employ every trick in the book to use them in premiere, but why woulkd you? The facts won't change - some stuff is simply too complex and requires AE.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mylenium,

thanks I am understanding what you are meaning.
But how does such greenbox transitions works?

Color Transitions Pack Green Screen - YouTube

I see some templates/animation where pictures can be replaced by using a green box like here:

Creative PowerPoint Timeline with Photos - Cool Animation Tutorial - YouTube

I gues that I make green boxes in after effects, but how do I insert real pictures in premiere pro?
Do I use object tracking in premiere pro?

I do not understand the magic yet 🙂

Many thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of that stuff will require any keying at all. you simply build it and use AE's ability to generate a proper Alpha transparency, which Premiere will fully use and recognize. Then it's merely a matter of adding a second video track below.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK thanks for your help. I will try to find some tutorials regarding to your keywords.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2017 Jun 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Finaly I found a tutorial explaining it very good.

They make also use of color key, matte, luminenc and so on:

Mask and Luma Matte Transitions with After Effects and Premiere Pro Tutorial - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines