• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HTML Canvas won't export

Explorer ,
Jun 23, 2017 Jun 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm creating a website in an HTML5 Canvas.  It's nearly finished I've gotten all of my previous tests to work.  But after the most recent addition I can't get it to export. It gets stuck at 80%...eventually tells me the script has been running too long and asks if I want to cancel.  I've tried letting it continue a few times.  It never exports.

I also tried removing the most recent bit of code in case that was messing it up...so even with the same code that had worked before, it's not exporting now.  There're new objects and things but I don't think enough to make the file size unmanageable and even if it did, I would think it would still export and just lag more.

Any thoughts on what might be causing this or how I might be able to fix it?  If it doesn't open I can't even check for errors properly.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 29, 2017 Jun 29, 2017

The page took four minutes to load after emptying cache, and about 8 seconds to load a second time.

But, you can make the page be six times faster. Look in your page HTML for this line:

var loader = new createjs.LoadQueue(false);

add a line to set the maxConnections:

var loader = new createjs.LoadQueue(false);

loader.setMaxConnections(6);   //(edit, I used the wrong variable name when I first posted)

That will help a lot. You won't need to republish the FLA, just edit the html.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2017 Jun 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your trying to EXPORT?? if you are using HTML Canvas, and you have code inside... I ASSUME that you are creating this for the web??

If you are creating it for the web... you do not want to Export. You want to go File> Publish Settings and then select "OAM Package"

then under Output name, select the folder where you want to save it and name it.

then you would import this OAM into your website in your desired location in Dreamweaver by selecting Insert>HTML>Animated Composition

hope that helps!

mark

Consulting | Design | Motion | Training>headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting<br />Consulting | Design | Development | Training

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 24, 2017 Jun 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know about how to publish it for upload and everything.  I'm talking about when you export a preview in the browser to test what you've done.  That's not working.  And I even tried publishing through the publish settings as an experiment and I get the same problem...but I'm not sure why.

Thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 24, 2017 Jun 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can delete some layers, do a test, when it gets stuck click No, do Undo to get the layers back, then try deleting other layers. Do that until it tests ok, then try deleting just some of the layers that made it work.

Once you know what layer causes the problem try deleting a range of frames in that layer, to narrow down which thing is causing the problem.

If the FLA is not top secret you could post it somewhere for us to try too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 25, 2017 Jun 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay....so I've tried all kinds of combinations of deleting...still can't figure out what's wrong with it.  I'll keep experimenting but here's a link to the fla.  If anybody can take a look and hopefully spot something I'm missing.

New-Websitev14.fla - Google Drive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I''m trying to track down the culprit. Meanwhile, these things get put into the Output panel when you do try to publish:

Color effects are published as a filter and subject to the same limitations. (34)

Filters are very expensive and are not updated once applied. Cache as bitmap is automatically enabled when a filter is applied. This can prevent animations from updating. (6)

Applying "cache as bitmap" to an animated instance will prevent the animation from updating. (6)

Content with both Bitmaps and Buttons may generate local security errors in some browsers if run from the local file system.

You can't get away with many things in Canvas compared to SWF. Look over your file and try to do things in different ways that will work better in Canvas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ya, I don't actually have that many filters in there and what I do have have been there from the beginning.  Was thinking I'd look at alternate ways to do those later once I got it all functioning...but I don't think that's why it's not exporting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There seem to be a lot of things that are stopping it from working. The general case is that having different objects in the same layer at different times can cause problems. I worked on just the Dylan Section, and that alone would not publish. In there you have some frames where a button is in one layer, along with another button, then elsewhere the same button is in a different layer with a different button. I simplified it by having each of the three buttons in its own layer, and also never getting rid of the button. For the section a button is not needed I just moved it off stage. The scripts can be simpler too, you can remove the scripts on the Credits and Stats frames, and instead just have this on frame 1:

this.stop();

this.CreditsBTN.addEventListener("click", fl_ClickToGoToAndStopAtFrame_600.bind(this));

this.StatsBTN.addEventListener("click", fl_ClickToGoToAndStopAtFrame_601.bind(this));

this.BioBTN.addEventListener("click", fl_ClickToGoToAndStopAtFrame_602.bind(this));

function fl_ClickToGoToAndStopAtFrame_602() {

this.gotoAndStop(0);

}

function fl_ClickToGoToAndStopAtFrame_600() {

this.gotoAndStop(29);

}

function fl_ClickToGoToAndStopAtFrame_601() {

this.gotoAndStop(59);

}

I would also move the Bio label to frame 2, otherwise every time you come back to Bio the listeners would get set up again.

After the layer changes and the script changes the Dylan Section would publish ok. Replacing the symbol in the main FLA didn't fix everything though, so some other layer has a problem too. Deleting the two layers in the contents folder of the timeline is enough to let the rest publish, so I guess the close layer has more problems.

Another thing that seems wrong is that in the library you have a lot of bitmaps that are different, but have the same name, and you have bitmaps and buttons that have the same name. Everything gets published to the same folder, and that could lead to other problems. Not positive though if that is part of why it doesn't publish. I would go through the library and keep renaming things until no two things have the same name. That is, move them out of the library folder, and it you get an error message about replacing the same named object, cancel that and rename the item, and try moving again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm....this is definitely a start in the right direction.  Still having trouble narrowing it down though.  I've moved each section symbol into another fla for testing, and each one of them exports fine on it's own.  But when they're all together in the fla they won't.  I've tried exporting with all of them removed though and it's exporting fine.  Removing any of the other layers doesn't seem to do the trick, so it has to be something on that content layer, but I don't get what if each one is fine on its own.

I'm not sure if I understand you about objects with the same name though.  Each one is a variation, there are no directly duplicated names in the library.  The closest would be a jpeg that was turned into a symbol...and the jpeg and symbol both have the same name...but the jpeg has the jpeg extension to differentiate it.  Is that what you mean, is the extension not enough for that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are several things named "layer 0". A more subtle one is that you have a dylan bitmap and a Dylan button. It's easy to accidentally have the same name when you're using Library folders. In AS3 it doesn't matter so much, but in Canvas I think it does.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't even notice the Layer 0 thing at first.  I've gone through everything and there's no duplicate names anymore.  Still not working.  Arg!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible it could be a file size issue?  I wouldn't think that would be an issue...but I just tried removing the gallery section as a test....which is by far the biggest section...and it actually did render.  But that same section rendered fine when it was on its own.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I copied all the layers into a new file, and it wouldn't publish, so I think the file itself is ok.

When I put the Dylan Section into its own file it wouldn't publish, until I did the fixes I mentioned in message 7. Something that would explain the gallery working on its own, but not allowing the full thing to work, would be the duplicate names. Do you have no folders left in the library? If you replace your posted file I can look again based on how far you've got now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm....okay, I'll do one more sweep through the library and double check that....if I don't find anything and it still won't export I'll upload again.  I'm doing a test export right now with the image quality turned way down, even if that works though the images might not be usable

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so tested and failed.  Also I must've some how closed the file at some point without saving cuz I had redo all my renaming lol.  But I did that, tested it again.  No duplicat names.  No folders.  Still not working.

Here's the file:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2y8GgG9dP_rNzdyQWw3eHBIbWs/view?usp=sharing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All my other updates were not lost though btw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Other than that, things are ok?

Will check the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I mean it still won't export....but the other change I made are still there

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying the new file now, will have to figure out new things.

You still had two folders, one of which had the Dylan original bitmap. The two bitmaps with the same name looked quite different.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jesus, how did I miss that?!  I ran through it twice.  I just fixed them and I'm trying another export.  Did you do that already?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, hence the comment about still having to look for the problem. I'll try to find out if the duplicate naming does matter anymore. it used to, but they may have fixed things, by simply adding a number to make it be unique.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, funny thing... The current version (well, my one where I renamed one of the Dylan originals) does publish ok, but takes about 20 minutes. Right before it's done it shows the error about taking too long, but if you click Yes it them immediately completes.

Here's a link:

http://colin.scienceninja.com/dylan/ttttt.html

I can tell you how to make the page load faster.

Meanwhile, it could be worth private messaging Preran (Preran ) to ask the Animate team why your publish takes so long. Include a link to this topic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The ttttt files are still uploading, should be there in 10 minutes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome!  Mine works too I'm not seeing, although I had to press yes for the error a second time before it launched...but it did work and it's functioning!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I will DM Preran too!  Thanks for all your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines