• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS6 crash how to recovered

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2017 Jun 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I am new here could someone help me how to recovered the file that I make for three day and suddenly upon saving the adobe suddenly crashed. I try to open the adobe but my work doesn't recovered

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2017 Jun 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Were you saving over the file you opened and the failure destroyed that file. If so do you hand Mac time machine or windows file history running? .CS6 does not have auto recovery.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2017 Jun 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using windows 8. I didn't shutdown my computer, when ever i am tired i just put asleep my laptop. Unfortunately after continuing on the following day my graphic my adobe has been close and I opened there is no recovery on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you never save your document there was never a file. Photoshop is not a File editor it is an image editor that edits image document in Photoshop.  There is no file to recover you never save your image document into a File like a Photoshop PSD.  So you need to start over start from nothing.   You should always save your work.  Do not make this mistake again.  Its a hard lesson to learn Newer version of Photoshop has an option in its preferences for enabling it new Auto recovery feature.  It you have a modified document open in Photoshop.  Photoshop will save an auto recovery PSB file every so often. That time period you set in your preferences. Should Photoshop or your system crash  when you start Photoshop it will open all recovery psb files so you can recover most of your work from the latest auto saved PSB file.  When you save you document its recovery file will be deleted.    So normally when you open and close Photoshop there are no  recovery PSB files on you system.   If the are something when wrong and when you open Photoshop will open the recovery PSD files.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi sir JJmack, thank you so much for responding my query. My bad that, I didn't save every time when I'm done. But anyway,you have said regarding the auto enabling recovery, Would you mine directing me to that thread so I can enable my photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I wrote CS6 does not have that feature some newer versions of Photoshop do..  You can not enable what is not in CS6 in CS6....

I was wrong it was added in CS6

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While you are unable to recover unsaved files, I STRONGLY recommend saving your document when you first get started and saving OFTEN. In Ps CS6 you can enable the "Automatically Save Recovery Information Every (# of Minutes)" option by going to Edit> Preferences> File Handling

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi sir wildcat54 thanks you for this information. Already set it up. Configured my setting to 10 minutes interval.

adobe.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines