Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop problems

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2017 Jun 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

My photoshop always crashes and says: 'Display driver doesn't react', at least, that is the dutch translation.
I have looked at the troubleshooting topics and updated my GPU, this did nothing. I only find this annoying, so it is a problem but not the problem the question is really about.

The real problem here is that I have had a Blue Screen Of Death 2 times only because I started Photoshop, and I wonder why this happens.

-I have not looked at the error message, but the 'Error monitor' of windows said it was a hardware error

-I have a Nvidia Geforce 920M GPU

-I have intel core i5

-The problem didn't start suddenly, always had it

-I use windows 8.1

I hope somebody can help me.

Judith

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, try to disable if You are using Hardware Acceleration (GPU) in PS or if You not using Hardware Acceleration turn it on, and check if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can not click on it since the display driver did not react, it looks like it it stuck in a vicious circle.

Roughly translated from dutch to english it says: 'An error occured in your display driver. Update the display driver or install it again and turn the GPU on to try it again.'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does turning off »Use Graphics Processor« in the Performance Preferences (Photoshop > Preferences > Performance > Graphic Processor Settings) and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, the thing is I can not click on it. However weirdly enough, when I start photoshop for the 2th time after the crash on the first time it does work as it usually has to work.

gpu.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is the error message when you scroll over it

error message.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The real problem here is that I have had a Blue Screen Of Death 2 times only because I started Photoshop, and I wonder why this happens.

As applications should not be able to crash modern OS’ the hardware issue does sound plausible, as does MBorowiec’ suspicion regarding the GPU driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines