• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

line smoothing in Adobe Draw?

New Here ,
Mar 09, 2015 Mar 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why hasn't line smoothing been included in Adobe Draw?  It was a great feature in Ideas.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 09, 2015 Mar 09, 2015

There is stroke smoothing.  You can find it in preferences. (While Drawing / After Drawing). (click on the pen/app icon for preference panel)

You may want to change to "After Drawing" to see the line value change.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is stroke smoothing.  You can find it in preferences. (While Drawing / After Drawing). (click on the pen/app icon for preference panel)

You may want to change to "After Drawing" to see the line value change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll take a look this evening.  Thanks for your response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can not find line smoothing. I went in preferences and there is only setting for tool bar and reset coachmarks and dialogs feature.?

I have Android version of Adobe Draw. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ursuss.

There is no toggle in Draw for Android because it smooths lines by default. The reason there's a toggle in Draw for iOS is because people who used Adobe Ideas, before they began using Draw, were used to having the Smoothing toggle in the app, so we left it in.

I hope that helps.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2017 Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it is not good for android users...i hope will be same preferences like for IOS ??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If smoothing is on by default, it really doesn't work well. Not having this option as a toggle on android is a little insulting to be honest. I want to see the line snap sharp like the iOS version. I'd even buy the app to have that option if it were possible. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So you left the feature OUT of the android one completely? why should a feature be exclisve to only ipad?

Its almost FIVE YEARS after this post date and my android version still has no option to turn it on AFTER drawing. 

what a garbage, inconsistent company. clearly favoring apple fanboys instead of just creating a feature across all platforms. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2017 Jun 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I basically have abandoned this software largely for the fact that I can't find this feature. I was looking at it again today on my phone because I just ordered an ipad pro with the apple pencil.  I went to the regular preferences (the gear) and found nothing about line smoothing, so then I went to each brush, clicked for the editing panel and then clicked the 3 slider icon at the bottom, I can adjust roundness, angle, taper, size, pressure, velocity - but no line smoothing.  What am I missing?  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2017 Jun 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

start in the main project view without opening any projects. Then choose Settings > Preferences > Stroke Smoothing. Note that this is always on, it just allows you to choose whether smoothing happens during or after the stroke. See screen shots below.

Mike

IMG_4294.JPG

IMG_4295.JPG

IMG_4296.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find this feature stressful... I've seen other apps implement this so much better. It would be awesome if smoothness was an adjustable brush setting and not an application setting. There are times you want to be able to make a hard corner or control the angle much better.

I get very frustrated when I'm drawing and end up with a nice line and then lift up and the line take a smooth completely different shape. And then when you switch it to while drawing... it isn't smooth enough in some instances.  A toggle control or adjustable strength of smoothness would be much more useful instead of an app setting, IMO.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi MotoEd.

We do get a number of requests to move the stroke-smoothing toggle from the main Settings panel to the Brush Settings panel. I don't know whether moving that setting is something that's being considered, but I do know the product team is looking for ways to improve/enhance stroke smoothing in Draw.

I'll most certainly share your request/comments with the Draw team.

Thanks for taking the time to post.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2017 Nov 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there anyway you could make an adjustment for smoothing so people with shaking hands can boost it up to enjoy your app more? I think more people would use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2017 Nov 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a slider from 0 to 100

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 26, 2017 Nov 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Glenn.

The Draw team is actually currently discussing/considering ways to enhance stroke smoothing. I don't know at this point what the timeline is, or what the solution will be, but I would be happy to share your request with the team.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to turn if off?  It's annoying when you draw something and immediately changes the look of it. Sometimes I need sharp angles between strokes and smoothing makes them round...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Monomono.

No, I'm sorry, it's not possible right now to toggle stroke smoothing on and off (it's only possible to set a preference for during/after creating a stroke).

However, as I mentioned above, this is something the team is currently reviewing.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So this option not available for android?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Angela.

There is no toggle (to change stroke smoothing from after to during) in the Android version of Draw.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2018 Jun 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just being honest, that's really not fair. It ticks me off because I can't enjoy the smoothing because I'm on android. in the future will it be avalible for android?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 24, 2018 Jun 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sgt.KittyCap.

I'm sorry, I don't believe there are any plans to include this toggle in the Android version of Draw but I will share your comments with the product team.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2018 Oct 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, and you can please add this feature for Android in the updates? It's comfortable!

Maksim.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 08, 2018 Oct 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maksim,

This is a popular request... However, I'm not certain there are any plans to add the line smoothing preference to the Android version of Draw but I will certainly submit it to the Draw for Android team.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's absolutely essential. Otherwise we may as well just use another app. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2019 Jul 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just got the package for the entire year. $240 worth, highly disappointed there’s no line smoothing in my Adobe Sketch app on IPad. I havent graduated to all the extra bells and whistles yet, but this feels like such a basic feature by now. As good as Adobe is, I’m Definitely having buyers remorse. Back to ArtRage if I have to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines