• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot use Presenter 11 in PowerPoint 2016

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2017 Jan 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to record audio to slides in PowerPoint 2016 using Adobe Presenter 11, but when I click the "record" button, I receive the following message: "Adobe Presenter has encountered an unexpected problem while working with this presentation. Try saving your work to a new file and restarting PowerPoint..." I have done so, and also checked several other PowerPoint files that have associated Presenter audio files from a previous computer, and I receive the same message each time. I have Flash version 24.0.0.186. I have read on this forum that Presenter 11 should work with PowerPoint 2016, so I'm not sure what the issue is. I uninstalled and reinstalled Presenter once and it seemed to work again, but then it stopped working again and uninstalling and reinstalling has not corrected the problem.

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2017 Apr 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 24, 2017 Apr 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

Can you please confirm if the issue occurs only when you try to record audio to slides in PPT 2016 or is there any other workflow as well? Are you using Presenter 11 in an office network or on your personal machine ? Have you tried to check the Presenter 11 performance by launching PowerPoint 2016 in administrative mode?

You may try to recreate Presenter 11 preferences by performing the below steps and see if that makes any difference-

• Close PowerPoint 2016 and open registry editor by typing "regedit" in the run window.
  • Go to H Key Current User > Software > Adobe > Adobe Presenter > Rename "11.0" folder to "11.0_old".
  • Close registry editor.
  • Launch PowerPoint 2016 in administrative mode (by right click on PowerPoint icon and choose "Run as Admin") and try to record audio using Presenter 11 and see if that resolves the issue.

If the above suggested steps doesn't work, then you may try to add Adobe Presenter 11 in MS Office Trusted Location.by performing the below steps :-

• Launch PowerPoint.
  • Go To File > Options > Trust Center > Trust Center Settings > Add New Location > Browse to C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Presenter 11.0 and then click OK.
  • Restart PowerPoint in administrative mode (by right click on PowerPoint icon and choose "Run as Admin") and then use Presenter  and see if it works fine.

Also, If you are using any Antivirus on your computer then please try to turn it off temporarily and then check Presenter performance.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Ajit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2017 Jun 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried following these steps, as I am trying to record video but when I click new project in Video Express, it errors repeatedly with 'Application encountered an internal error'.  I am using Presenter on a personal machine and have also disabled my firewall but this problem persists.  I am in a trial period and would like to see how it performs with this error fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 26, 2017 Jun 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

I have sent you a private message and I would request you to please respond so that we can connect and look into the issue.

Regards,

Ajit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ajit, I did change my registry entry and I recorded a trusted location for Presenter 11.1.  That seems to correct the problem that I have been having. But is it necessary to always run PowerPoint in administrative mode?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Presenter worked with PowerPoint "once" (when I started it as an admin). But now when I start PowerPoint it first fails to start -- and when I start it again it tells me that there is a problem with the Presenter plugin.

I am running Presenter 11.1 and PowerPoint as part of MS Office 365.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources