• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Standard 9.0 won't run

Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2017 Jun 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, Microsoft has been working on my computer to fix Windows 10 OS glitch since June 7th that I found when I switched over to JAWS (a screen reader for blind people). They still haven't figured out how to fix this issue. However, they have figured out how to create a whole host of new ones by creating a new user account that, while it "fixes" the quick key issues I had with JAWS (making that software program work -- which is essential), it has rendered the rest of my other programs (including Adobe Acrobat Standard, dead in the water. It has also disappeared many of my files that they supposedly "copied").  Since JAWS doesn't work in the old account, I can't see if the stuff is in the old account still and I also can't use the old account. I obviously can't use the new account because they've made this unusable for other reasons. 

Are there any competent techs out there in the world that could possibly give me a hand with this?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 26, 2017 Jun 26, 2017

Acrobat 9 is not officially compatible with Windows 10, so problems are to be expected... You can try running it in Compatibility Mode for better results, but that's about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat 9 is not officially compatible with Windows 10, so problems are to be expected... You can try running it in Compatibility Mode for better results, but that's about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

While it's true that it isn't technically compatible with Windows 10, it was working just fine on my old user account -- as were all my other programs that aren't and/or weren't working (I'm in the process of fixing everything from iTunes to Discord and Twitch to Office). Compatibility mode won't work and I've tried running a repair on the thing so I'll have to just uninstall and reinstall.... tyvm Microsoft for killing my day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines