• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR crashes Win10 after Creators update

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2017 Jun 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ATI driver update helped delay the crashing in Develop, but did not solve it.

Faulting application name: lightroom.exe, version: 6.10.1.10, time stamp: 0x591f413f

Faulting module name: atio6axx.dll, version: 22.19.162.4, time stamp: 0x58fea0ad

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0000000000f936f7

Faulting process id: 0x2348

Faulting application start time: 0x01d2ee21d50568e6

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom\lightroom.exe

Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\c0313745.inf_amd64_133311ca362c9cc6\atio6axx.dll

Report Id: 3e5b1506-e129-45b8-a4d6-880fd2e1a98d

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Graphics Chipset

AMD Radeon (TM) R9 200 Series

Radeon Software Version

CPU Type

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 26, 2017 Jun 26, 2017

The latest on the AMD Radeon driver bug:

You've got AMD Radeon driver version 17.4.4, which according to Adobe has a bug that crashes LR.  See this bug report in the official Adobe feedback forum: Lightroom: Crashing with GPU acceleration on (AMD Radeon driver 17.4.4) | Photoshop Family Customer Community .  As described in that topic, you have several workarounds:

- Disable the graphics processor via Preferences > Performance > Use Graphics Processor.  The GPU doesn't help LR much unless you're o

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the solution at the end of this thread

Re: My Lightroom 2015 is crashing for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest on the AMD Radeon driver bug:

You've got AMD Radeon driver version 17.4.4, which according to Adobe has a bug that crashes LR.  See this bug report in the official Adobe feedback forum: Lightroom: Crashing with GPU acceleration on (AMD Radeon driver 17.4.4) | Photoshop Family Customer ... .  As described in that topic, you have several workarounds:

- Disable the graphics processor via Preferences > Performance > Use Graphics Processor.  The GPU doesn't help LR much unless you're on a 4K or 5K display, which you're not.

- Fiddle with the AMD Settings utility, as described in the bug report.

- Roll back the AMD driver to 17.4.3, also described in the report.

If you add your me-too vote and follow that topic, you'll be notified when the status changes.  A senior Adobe engineer has said that the next release of the AMD driver should have a fix (no word on when that might be): Lightroom: Crashing with GPU acceleration on (AMD Radeon driver 17.4.4) | Photoshop Family Customer ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But John, at the link I gave, the advice given was to update the driver to 17.5.2 and the problem went away (this was over one month ago)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The bug report topic (17 me-toos) has reports that AMD versions later than 17.4.4 don't fix the crashes. The only report I've seen about a later version eliminating the crashes is the forum thread you linked to.  If updating to a later version helped most people, I'd expect to see more reports about it in the bug-report topic.  So I think Adobe employee Simon Chen's information is likely accurate: AMD will be including (another?) fix in an upcoming release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...and having two Adobe forums sure is a pain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Coming back to confirm that further driver udpates (17.5) did NOT solve crashing. I've kept that driver in place and disabled the Graphics Processing, which seems to have helped thus far.

Thanks for the quick and accurate response. Appreciate it.

Just want to note that all of this was fine BEFORE the Creators Update.

Thanks Microsoft!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2017 Dec 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to hear I'm not the only one with problems, fall creators update uncreated my PC today. So far Genie Timeline is dead and will not start, Power Buddy died but had an update from the writer, Avast anti-virus is still dead, Lightroom is dead - have now had the new version installed but no difference.

Clearly Microsoft have got this wrong again but not sure who is going to fix the problem - I simply cannot get past the "could no call c function : private_load_agcoretech message". Allegedly I have a call booked with Microsoft tomorrow which should be good for a laugh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines