• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Distortion

Engaged ,
Jun 26, 2017 Jun 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I'm rigging my first character ever, and I'm having lots of fun, but I've hit a bump in the road.....instead of the mouth opening, the head gets bigger! It seems to be a 'handles' problem? How are handles deleted? xxooScreen Shot 2017-06-26 at 10.38.43 AM.pngScreen Shot 2017-06-26 at 10.38.51 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 26, 2017 Jun 26, 2017

Try this: https://adobe.ly/2sasm1p

• The whole puppet was tagged as a second head, which threw everything off. You only need the Head group to be tagged as a head.
  • The head had a draggable handle on it.
  • Face > Mouth Strength was set to 143%, the default is 0%.

Hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nie character! Hmmm - Hard to say without seeing the puppet file, but if I had to guess it's probably something pulling the mesh that shouldn't, like the eyebrows (do they have a crown icon next to them?), or the eyes, or the head has a jaw tag somewhere throwing stuff off, etc. Could be a few things.

Could you share here or DM me your .puppet file (File > Export > Puppet) via a shared link on Google Drive, Dropbox, or Creative Cloud to take a closer look?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes!! Thank you so much. Character Animator - Google Drive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try removing the +/crown from head and see if that helps.

If it doesn't, can you upload the .puppet (File > Export > Puppet)? It looks like you just uploaded the .chproj + folders and .ai file. The puppet file is an easier way to share artwork + rigging.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Elisa Video.puppet - Google Drive

I removed the crown and now the whole thing distorts!!Screen Shot 2017-06-26 at 11.35.13 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW I'm following your tutorial, it's really good!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this: https://adobe.ly/2sasm1p

• The whole puppet was tagged as a second head, which threw everything off. You only need the Head group to be tagged as a head.
  • The head had a draggable handle on it.
  • Face > Mouth Strength was set to 143%, the default is 0%.

Hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I delete tags and handles?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I apologize for my lack of experience, but Try this: https://adobe.ly/2sasm1p

doesn't seem to work any better?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works for me - I don't see any of the old issues anymore.

ezgif.com-video-to-gif.gif

When you select something, the tags column on the right will let you tag or untag parts. If it's lit up, it's tagged - if not, it's not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WOW that looks amazing! Thanks!
Where is the tags column?? I can't find it anywhere!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, my Character animator isn't opening your revised puppet, I can't get it open; that's the reason I thought it was no different!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you running Beta 6? When you open up CH, what does it say next ot the Help menu?

Screen Shot 2017-06-26 at 1.24.50 PM.png

If not, you should update via the Creative Cloud desktop app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! Beta 6. I have a creative cloud account, the latest of everything. I'm just a lot more creatively inclined than technical!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2017-06-26 at 1.30.20 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh - I think you keep importing the puppet but not clicking "add to new scene" to add it to a new fresh scene. So in the Project panel (upper left corner) with Elisa10 selected, for example, click "Add To New Scene" and you should see it working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cool! But where are the tags? (You are SO patient btw )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes that worked! And WOW!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See the panel on the right with the face and body in your last screenshot called Tags? That's the tags panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ha! I new it would be something I should have caught on to! OK, got it now, getting ready to start video 2! Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 27, 2017 Jun 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The one you fixed is so amazing! I'm trying to figure out why your file is so much more responsive to both audio and visual queues than mine is? I compared all the sensitivity settings and made them the same, but your file moves more and talks more?
Also, they both seem to use the same mouth poses over and over, the F and the S, I'd like to see more of the O's but when I try to set up a trigger (like I did successfully with angry and worried eyebrows) nothing happens?
Thank you so much for your guidance. I'm thrilled to have the actual creator of the video helping me! Elisa Video.puppet - Google Drive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The main thing is that my version removed the head tag from the top Elisa puppet group - that caused a ton of conflicts. Once the "Head" group was the only thing tagged as a head, everything worked.

For keyboard triggers for lip sync, try arming (click the red dot) next to the behavior Lip Sync > Keyboard Input. Then when you press the first letter of any viseme, it will show up - no need to add extra key triggers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm pretty sure I did that?? 'Elisa Video' is mine, 'Elisa 2' is the superior one you did. Yours moves, mine doesn't very much at all.
Also, I noticed when refining mouth expressions, when I went to 'edit source' on yours, did it create a new Illy file?
Elisa Video.puppet - Google Drive
Elisa2.puppet - Google Drive
thank you ❤️

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, I found Lip Sync but where is keyboard input?Screen Shot 2017-06-27 at 1.03.28 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yours still has the top level tagged as Head:

Screen Shot 2017-06-27 at 1.35.11 PM.png

Yours still has the head also tagged as draggable:

Screen Shot 2017-06-27 at 1.36.12 PM.png

Lip Sync > Keyboard Input will only show up in Record and Stream modes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines