Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Loading images from a Canon 5D Mk IV to Lightroom CC 2015

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2017 Jun 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have just got a Canon 5D Mk4 and when I load images into light room I end up with 2 copies of the image in the Import viewer. I then need to deselect 1 copy of each image in order to avoid having a duplicate image loaded. If I load images to PC using EOS utility 3 I only get 1 image

I am using a MacBook pro with Sierra O/S.

Any ideas how to stop this

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds as if you have the camera programmed to record both a raw and a JPEG image at the same time. There is an option in Lightroom to treat JPEG images next to raw images as separate images. If that option is not checked then Lightroom will not import the JPEG image. First of all, if you don't want the JPEG images then change that option in the camera. For the images you have already taken, if you uncheck that option in the Lightroom preferences than the Lightroom will only import the raw image and will ignore the JPEG image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the camera set to Raw only the images are coming in as CR2 files with same name but second one with a -2 extension. Bracketing is also switched off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe another Canon user can help you. I use a Nikon, and I can't help you much I'm afraid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks anyway

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Does the 5D4 use two cards? If yes, do you have the camera set to write a "backup" to card #2?

Does this problem happen if you use a card reader instead of connecting the camera to the computer?

(In the long run, you will be much happier using a card reader.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines