• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

images blurry in library and export and clear on develop

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2017 Jun 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My images are clear when on develop mode but blurry when I view them in library mode or export them...how do I fix this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your user name suggests that you have a hiDpi display.

If that's the case, some programs (like web browsers) will enlarge images to 200% to compensate for the small physical size, and they will be blurry.

What is the resolution (in pixels) of your display?

Are you on Mac or Windows?

In what program are you viewing the exported files?

Can you post a screenshot showing the difference between Library and Develop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a windows. I don't know the resolution. I don't think that's the issue because lightroom doesn't do that to all of my photo's, only some of them become unsharp when I view them in library and when exported. How do I take a screenshot? I'm not sure how to do that. I'm viewing them in pictures. Either way though lightroom library module shows it blurry and then it exports it blurry...how do I fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To find out what screen resolution you have, right click on the desktop, and choose Screen resolution.

To take a screenshot, press Ctrl + Prt Scr, which copies a screenshot of your entire screen to the clipboard, then paste it in a reply. (with a blinking cursor in the reply box, press Ctrl+V)

If you view the image at 1:1 in Library and Develop, do you see any difference?

And are you viewing the exported file at 1:1 (100%)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1366X78 is my screen resolution

this is in the library mode

this is in the develop module

ye i am viewing it in 1:1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's blurry when I view it in 1:1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the screenshots you posted really at 1:1 magnification?

This looks like the whole image in Fit view to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the image is in fill. When I view it on 1:1 in lightroom it is the same quality in library and develop but when i view it in fill or when i export it it's blurry. Either way it should be clear when I view it in fill...I can't always edit my pictures in 1:1 when I want to view the larger picture and I can't edit pictures when they're blurry. I also don't want my output image to be blurry and that's what's happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This only happens to some of my pictures

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The image you see on screen in Lightroom is a preview, and Library and Develop use different previews that are not identical, and may show a different degree of sharpness when viewed at any other magnification than 1:1.

Additionally, you must always evaluate and apply sharpening (and noise reduction) at 1:1, any other magnification will be inaccurate and misleading.

You can try to rebuild the previews for the Library module by selecting the files and choosing Library > Previews > Build Standard-sized previews.

As for viewing the exported image, you have to view that at 1:1 (100%) as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when I view it on my exported image it's still blurry even when I zoom in

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, when deciding which images I want to delete from lightroom I would like to view the clear image in full view in library mode....I don't want to view everything in 1:1. This way I can't tell which images are actually sharp vs which images are sharp but lightroom blurs. Originally I thought that I took blurry pictures so I was going to delete them but then I realized that it was lightrooms issue which was portraying my images as blurry. When I open the exported version the image is clear and sharp for one second but then it quickly switches to blurryl.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't want to view everything in 1:1. This way I can't tell which images are actually sharp vs which images are sharp

Like I said, you have to view the image at 1:1 to evaluate sharpness.

Fit or Fill will be inaccurate and misleading.

Also, viewing at 1:1 in Develop will be much faster than in Library, unless you have 1:1 previews for Library.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How big in pixels is the image when it comes from the camera?

How big in pixels is the image after you crop it?

How big in pixels is the image after you export it?

What are all your export settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I viewed my images on a mac with lighroom 6 I was able to view the image in fill and it was clear and sharp. I was therefore able to decide which images were good and which images needed to be rejected. When i view my images on windows with lightroom 5, I'm unable to tell which images are good and which images need to be rejected because lightroom will show some of them as blurry. How am I supposed to evaluate my images if I can only evaluate the sharpness in 1:1? I was able to view it normal on a mac so there must be some way that I can adjust my lightroom to show me clear images in fill. As I said, only SOME of my images are blurry in the fill view of library, not ALL of them, so there must be something that I could do to fix it. And I built 1:1 previews for all of my images when importing. Also, how does that help if when exporting them, they're still blurry?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How big in pixels is the image when it comes from the camera?

How big in pixels is the image after you crop it?

How big in pixels is the image after you export it?

What are all your export settings?

How do I determine all of these things?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been trying to resolve this all day and I have people waiting for the pictures...they need them by today...can you please help me with this as soon as possible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 27, 2017 Jun 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please post a screenshot of your Export settings in Lightroom, like this:

File settings, Image sizing and Output sharpening all need to be visible.

If the exports don't appear sharp, it could be that you haven't appllied any output sharpening.

What is the purpose of these exports? Printing? Viewing on screen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines