• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

BURN CHOICES FROM AN AVCHD ISO IMAGE ?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2017 Jun 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I completed a photo slideshow with music, using Premiere Elements 14 (PRE) that is "80 min 53 sec" long.  I then made an ISO image that was captured and opens with Roxio Creator 2012 Special Edition.  I then made a DVD with the Roxio program by selecting Burn Disc Image.  It all worked fine and the program created a M2TS DVD that plays in my Samsung 3D Blu-ray Player. 

I did not see an option, during the Burn Disc Image process, to select any final DVD format.  FYI - I do not know the final DVD/Blu-ray players that the slideshow will be shown, because there will be a copy of the slideshow provided to each attendee of our HS reunion - 100 classmates registered.

Is there an option during one of the steps to obtain something other than a M2TS format for the DVD?  If yes, how and what should be the other choices? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 27, 2017 Jun 27, 2017

MTS, M2T and M2TS files are the same basic -- a high-def video. However, these files can be made up of a number of codecs (MPEG2, AVC, etc.).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2017 Jun 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DVD video is not M2T AVC high-def video. DVD video (at least the kind that can be played on a DVD player) is made up of VOB files, which are standard definition MPEGs.

When you burn an AVCHD-DVD, you are essentially using a DVD disc as a smaller BluRay disc. The video you are putting on the DVD disc is a BluRay video file. You're just using a DVD disc (which is cheaper than a BluRay disc but can only hold a fraction of the data).

So you can not burn an ISO of an AVCHD video to a DVD and get a DVD disc that can be played on a DVD player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2017 Jun 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there more than two file extensions for an AVCHD video, e.g. MTS & M2TS?

If yes, then what are they and is one version better over another?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 27, 2017 Jun 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

MTS, M2T and M2TS files are the same basic -- a high-def video. However, these files can be made up of a number of codecs (MPEG2, AVC, etc.).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines