Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Laptop Advice 4k vs Quad Core

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2017 Jun 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I am looking for a little advice about a new laptop purchase.

I have kind of narrowed it to these two systems one 4k the other quad core (But I am also open to other machines):

HP Pavilion 15-bc202na Laptop - HP Store UK

ASUS ZenBook UX510UW-FI095T 15.6-Inch Ultra HD Notebook - (Matt Grey Metal) (Intel Core i7-7500U Pro...

My main question is will the ASUS system featuring the dual core I7 7500U be very slow  in LR / PS CC?

It has the obvious benefit of the 4k / wide colour gamut screen amongst a host of other small upgrades - eg USB type C, smaller, lighter.... But will the CPU be up to task ?

I recently viewed some images on a Asus 4k screen and was quite stunned at the quality, but don't want to destroy performance to get it...

Also cant really go higher than £1300 at very most...

It will be used as a mobile workstation alongside my main editing desktop, but will be use extensively during long travel periods so needs to be fairly light 2.2 of the hp being the max...

I am processing 16mp Olympus Raw files, work in HDR and with panoramas. My LR catalogue is around 150k images & I store the catalogue and images on separate external drives.

If you need any more info let me know

Thanks for your help

Paris

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?