• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot import RAW CR2 file on to just one mac

Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2017 Jun 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Canon M5 and two macs. On my iMac I have no problem importing the files directly into Lightroom in the normal way. On my macbook pro however, the files refuse to import. I have ensured the latest updates are installed for the OS, Camera RAW and Lightroom and I have tried copying the files locally on to the macbook. What else can I try? They will open in photoshop and Mac Photos but simply refuse to be seen by lightroom.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 28, 2017 Jun 28, 2017

thanks for your help, just to let you know, I deleted the install and the prefs, then reinstalled light room and now everything works - thanks again for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect your copy of LR on the MBP is not Up To Date.

Manually download and install the .10.1 update from here.

Download Photoshop Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for getting back to me.

I was already running Lightroom  2015.10.1 and Camera RAW 9.10.1. Just to say that I have done so, I downloaded and installed the latest version but am still not able to import the RAW files - any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the Exact error message you are getting.

Check the Destination folder for the proper permissions. If you are importing from a folder on your drive that already contain the images make sure you have selected Add at the top of the import window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2017 Jun 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no error message, if i select the card in the slot it does nothing, if i copy the cr2's locally and try to import from that folder it just sees an empty folder as if the cr2's don't exist. There are no error messages though

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for your help, just to let you know, I deleted the install and the prefs, then reinstalled light room and now everything works - thanks again for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad it got worked out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines