• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating layers in Acrobat?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2017 Jun 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Until previous versions of Acrobat, I have reliably used the Preflight tool "Create separate layers for vector objects, text and images" to separate text from other objects in multi-page documents. I do this for the purpose of hiding text, flattening everything, then combining text objects and flattened pages for optimized PDFs. In my current version (DC 17.009.20044) I don't find this option in Preflight. Has it been moved, or do I need to add it in from somewhere else? Or is there a new, better way? In the end, I want everything flat except the text, which must remain editable. Thanks.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Mar 07, 2019 Mar 07, 2019

I'm on Win 7, Acro Pro DC.

No previous versions of Acrobat aside from Reader.

I see the '2015' fixups  it by going to Print Production > Preflight > Options > Manage Libraries...

and I have "Acrobat Pro DC 2015 Profiles"

Then, at the top of the Preflight window, is the button/dropdown that was showing "Essentials" - click, and select the '2015...' option

Now, I see fixups for "Create PDF layers" - lots of options.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to select "Acrobat Pro DC 2015 Profiles" at the top first, then you can find the old profiles:

2017-06-27_11-54-08.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My only options are Essentials, PDF Standards, Prepress Color and Transparency, and Manage/Export/Import Libraries.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just checked on two different systems with the same version installed that you just listed, and I have the 2015 profiles section on both machines. Are you running this on a Mac or on a Windows system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 7 Pro Sp1 64-bit. I had CS 6 installed previously, with both Reader and Acrobat. Since upgrading to CC, the old versions of Reader and Acrobat are gone, of course.

I have checked on another machine in our department, with the same license, and they also do not show 2015 Profiles option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can only check on Mac OS, and as I said, my two computers do behave correctly. When you click on Manage, do you see the missing profiles?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 28, 2017 Jun 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Windows the library is also available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 07, 2019 Mar 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm on Win 7, Acro Pro DC.

No previous versions of Acrobat aside from Reader.

I see the '2015' fixups  it by going to Print Production > Preflight > Options > Manage Libraries...

and I have "Acrobat Pro DC 2015 Profiles"

Then, at the top of the Preflight window, is the button/dropdown that was showing "Essentials" - click, and select the '2015...' option

Now, I see fixups for "Create PDF layers" - lots of options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines