• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Publish Online - document failing to upload

Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2017 Jun 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using InDesign for sometime now and have used successfully the publish online feature up until now.

I have been trying to upload a document now for the past 2 days.  It never fully uploads and I get an error #23 (server unavailable try later).

I have tried a number of things signing out and back in to Adobe, re-booting my pc, unchecking and checking preferences in Id for publish online

Just tried again document got to about 93% and then I got this error message

An error occurred while uploading your document. Please try again.

Error #23

I would appreciate some assistance on this matter - are the Adobe servers unavailable ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 29, 2017 Jun 29, 2017

I am pleased to say my document finally uploaded.  I removed all the audio files and the file uploaded fine.

I then re-added the audio files one by one and did an update existing document upload.  I managed to get them all uploaded.  Interestingly some of the audio uploads to a great deal longer than others.  I did discover that if I closed other applications on my computer the uploads were faster.  Perhaps the issue was more related to computer resources or internet connection speeds via the mod

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 26, 2017 Jun 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shirlene Clark,

Make sure you're logged in to your Adobe ID in the CC desktop app (in the menu bar on Mac, task bar in Windows). Click the "gear" icon > Preferences > General > Sign Out, then sign in again.

Also, see you it's just this particular publication. Try a simple page or two first to see if that's working.

If it still does not work, try the steps shared in following link

Upload error while publishing InDesign document

We would also need some details like

Is there any video , if yes then what size and format are you using for the videos?

Operating System (Exact version of Windows or MAC)

Exact version of InDesign

Regards

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Srishti

Still having trouble uploading despite signing out and in again.

I was able to upload another more simple one page publication with no problems

The document I am having trouble uploading is 10 pages long.  It contains text and some images and an audio file (Mp3) on each page and a couple of hyperlinks.  There is no video in document. It is 6.81MB in size.

My operating system is Windows 10

InDesign version is 2017.0 Release   12.0.0.81 x64 Build

I would appreciate any help you can provide me

Regards

Shirlene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try updating InDesign and see if that helps whilst I await your reply

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updating didn't help so I will now try splitting the document into 2 smaller documents

Not ideally what I want but cannot be helped I need to get this document up

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Splitting didn't help so tried the original document again but removed the audio files.  Without the audio files it uploaded just fine.

So my question now is why isn't it loading with the audio files

So my next step will be to add the audio files one by one and update the document to see which file is the problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 27, 2017 Jun 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shirlene Clark,

Thank you for all your efforts you made and sharing results with us.

Please try some different audio file and try to publish.If it still does not work would you mind sharing your file along with audio files so that we can test it our end.

Regards

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2017 Jun 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am pleased to say my document finally uploaded.  I removed all the audio files and the file uploaded fine.

I then re-added the audio files one by one and did an update existing document upload.  I managed to get them all uploaded.  Interestingly some of the audio uploads to a great deal longer than others.  I did discover that if I closed other applications on my computer the uploads were faster.  Perhaps the issue was more related to computer resources or internet connection speeds via the modem ?  Anyway it would be worth trying if anyone else experiences difficulties....remove media links.  Upload the document.  Then reload media links and upload as an update to your document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 03, 2017 Jul 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Shirlene Clark,

Thanks for sharing this with us.

Regards

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines