• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with page size (letter 8x11 inches)

Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2017 Jun 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Recently, I discovered that the default page size for letter when you select "New --> Document Type: U.S.Paper  --> Size: Letter",   puts a value of 8 in the width field (8 inches instead of 8,5). I think this have to be a problem with the colon/dot. ¿How can I change the value without adding a custom size?

I use Photoshop 2017.1.1   20170425.r.252 x64 (english)  on Windows 7 (spanish)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 27, 2017 Jun 27, 2017

The defaults are here  (Windows)

C: Program Files > Adobe > Adobe Photoshop CC2017 > Required Default New Doc Sizes.json

If you decide to edit the file then do so at your own risk and make a copy first !

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

It is working correctly here on both the legacy and the "new" New Document dialogues. That is with Photoshop 2017.1.1 r.252 (English) on Windows 10 (English).

Have you tried resetting preferences ?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I just did the preferences reset, but the problem persists. In the "new" new document the name of the preset says "Letter 8 x 11 in @ 300 ppi"  and "Legal 8 x 14 in @ 300 ppi". This must be 8,5, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is what I see :

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is my screen. I think it's a problem with the dot. I can't put 8.5 in the field, I must put 8,5 (with colon). I was trying to edit the file for the preset. In the presets folder there are files for this, with a .IMZ extension, but is not a script.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those IMZ files are different . They are the "Fit to " presets in the Image Size dialogue.

I'm still searching for the location of the New File presets (if they are indeed stored as presets and are not hard coded)

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's correct. 8.5 inches.  8,5 International or UK might be an alternate.

With the New File dialog open, press the ALT key and the Cancel button changes to Reset. Click on Delete to see if it restores US Letter.

If not, proceed with the Custom Size and save it as US Letter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. The Alt- reset did not fix the issue.  I will have to use custom size while the adobe team fix this. ¿How can I report this bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop Family Customer Community  is where problems can be reported to Adobe Staff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The defaults are here  (Windows)

C: Program Files > Adobe > Adobe Photoshop CC2017 > Required Default New Doc Sizes.json

If you decide to edit the file then do so at your own risk and make a copy first !

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.  Changing the dot to colon  (8.5 to 8,5) solved the issue, in Letter and Legal sizes. Thanks for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Must be an issue between the English Photoshop and the Spanish Windows. Glad it is sorted for you though.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it used be 8.5 in x 11 in @ 300 psi . If you can share the screen shot would help to understand the issue better.

Because i am using photoshop cc 2017.1.1 r252 on MAC and it works fine.

Screen Shot 2017-06-27 at 10.19.10 PM.png

Vishu Aggarwal
Adobe Certified Instructor, Professional and Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines