• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects template overriding logo color

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded an After Effects template for a logo reveal. I can change all of the details that I wanted to, except for the logo. The template overrides my logo asset and makes it one solid color. How do I keep the original logo image (which has multiple colors)? Thanks in advance!

Original file:

https://motionarray.com/after-effects-templates/free-logo-reveals-20928

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to the After Effects Forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but no clue -- templates are almost always complicated, and they don't follow any standard set of rules.  At the moment, it's impossible to help.

Perhaps a screen shot of your user interface showing the problem will help.  But no guarantees: the problem may lie in a nested cdomp we can't see.

If this thing came with a set of instructions, I recommend that you scrutinize them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you enable the flowchart view, it might help you find the offending precomp. Basically, whatever comp you put your logo into is nested in another comp somewhere along the way that puts its own color on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I can see where the logo is receiving the fill color. I can also change the fill color (it was green, now I reset it to red). But I cannot seem to turn the fill color off completely...

I was expecting some kind of on/off toggle. There is an on/off toggle for background color but not logo color.

Screenshots attached. "Logo v.1" is being modified by "Logo Color" under "Color Control" Screen Shot 2017-02-21 at 10.15.41 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-02-21 at 10.21.27 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 22, 2017 Feb 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That color control layer is driving a fill effect on your logo composition somewhere else in the hierarchy. All you have to do is find that logo layer with the fill effect and turn the fill effect off.

From that flowchart, it looks like it's the Logo v.1 comp nested inside the Color v.1 comp. So, inside Color v.1, find the logo comp and turn off the Fill effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2017 Mar 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Megan! Did you every figure this out? I've been able to follow the feedback you've received so far, but still haven't had any luck in removing fill effects. I also got my logo reveal template from Motion Array (it's a different template, but I'm having the same exact issue). Thanks in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2017 Mar 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if this will help you, but I was having the same exact issue. Then I realized that the logo I was importing into the template had a section where the color was the same as the template background, so the template changed the color automatically. So I changed the color of that section of my logo in photoshop imported again and... viola!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2017 Jun 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, I'm a novice to After Effects so Motion Array's free templates have been helpful as I learn about the program. That said, I struggled with this template as well, but I think I figured out this issue.

So from the Color v.1 Composition, you want to toggle the 'Shy' switch off so you can view the hidden layers. One of those layers is the [Logo v.1]. First unlock this layer and then you'll be able to expand it's submenu. From there, you'll see Compositing Options >> Effect Opacity. Change this from 100% to 0% and your original logo color should now be visible.

toggle shy guy off_ae.PNG

change effect visibility to zero.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2017 Oct 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fought this one forever and I just figured it out.  I was using a template that was automatically removing the original out of the logo that I was using in the animation.  I believe templates can be set up in very different formats depending on what the template author wishes to control but in my case, I found that if I navigated to the "logo animation" composition then went to "logo" control, I simply turned off the effect for the "fill" effect by clicking the little "fx" icon and poof...there's my color back.  I believe the template author did this on purpose so that the user would have control over changing the color of the logo.  Hope this helps someone as it was super frustrating for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

that was very helpful....can't thank you enough

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines