• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HELP!New user having issues with pan and zoom

New Here ,
Jun 27, 2017 Jun 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am used to Windows Live Movie Maker 10 and am making my first DVD of pics and video using this program. I have watched many youtube videos and still can't figure out the following:

1. How do I make the zoom IN or OUT so it either pans towards you or away from you?

2. How do I make it pan and zoom and ROTATE at the same time?

3. How do I apply transitions to multiple pictures at one time?

Thank you for any help anyone can give me, extremely frustrated because it was so simple in my windows movie maker program, hopefully once I learn this it will be just as simple!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't say which version of the program you're using, so I can't give you exact specifics -- but your keyframed effects are done in the Applied Effects panel, opened by clicking the button on the toolbar on the right side of version 15.

In Applied Effects, open the Motion effects and then open the keyframe control workspace. You can then creating zoom animations (Scale) as well as rotation and position animations. You say you've watched a lot of YouTube tutorials, so you should have an idea how to open this workspace and create animation keyframes.

As for applying a transition to multiple clips at once, you simply select a group of clips or stills on your timeline, right-click and, from the Timeline sub-menu, select Apply Default Transition (which, by default, is the cross dissolve).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry I put the version in when I tagged it, it's Elements 15. I did try playing with the Applied Effects but had a hard time using it.  How exactly do I do what you recommend? I have watched tutorials but they didn't help me much Windows Live Movie maker was so simple and this program seems like it's much more time consuming, I hope its because I'm just learning.  I figured out the transition issue thanks to your advice, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, MovieMaker is a very different program. It may be simpler, but it's much more limited.

Premiere Elements' keyframing tools quickly became second nature to me.

You keep saying that you've "watched the tutorials" but I'm not sure what tutorials you've watched or who made them.

Check out my free "Basic Keyframing" tutorial on my site Muvipix. It's for version 12, but the principles are exactly the same for version 15.

Basic Motion Path Keyframing with Premiere Elements - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines