• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Palm detection only allows undo/redo

Engaged ,
Jun 27, 2017 Jun 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using a Wacom Bamboo Fineline stylus and have turned on Palm Detection but unfortunealely I'm unable to use any 2 or 3 finger gestures except undo and redo. Turning off palm detection returns all gesture functionality, but I'd rather have the feature turned on. Is this normal behavior or am I experiencing a bug?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 29, 2017 Jun 29, 2017

HI Michael.

I finally checked with my stylus and, in order to not give you bad information, asked someone from the product team about this. It is expected behavior when turning palm rejection on. To prevent a palm resting on the screen being interpreted as a gesture, gestures are disabled when palm rejection is turned on.

One thing that might be helpful. When you have a bluetooth stylus connected, you should see a palm icon with a slash through it in the upper left corner of the screen. A tap-and

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 27, 2017 Jun 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael.

I don't have a stylus in front of me to test this, but do you have Multitasking Gestures toggled ON or OFF in your device Settings (Settings > General > Mutlitasking > Gestures)?

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 29, 2017 Jun 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's toggled on. I forgot to mention I'm using a 4th gen iPad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 29, 2017 Jun 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

HI Michael.

I finally checked with my stylus and, in order to not give you bad information, asked someone from the product team about this. It is expected behavior when turning palm rejection on. To prevent a palm resting on the screen being interpreted as a gesture, gestures are disabled when palm rejection is turned on.

One thing that might be helpful. When you have a bluetooth stylus connected, you should see a palm icon with a slash through it in the upper left corner of the screen. A tap-and-hold on that will temporarily disable palm rejection (and enable gestures); when you're done with the gestures, release pressure on the icon to again enable palm rejection.

I hope that helps.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines