Missing Info.plist key

Engaged ,
Jun 27, 2017 Jun 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am receiving this message each time I upload my iOS app to iTunesconnect:

"""

Dear developer,

We have discovered one or more issues with your recent delivery for "Guitar Scales.". To process your delivery, the following issues must be corrected:

Missing Info.plist key - This app attempts to access privacy-sensitive data without a usage description. The app's Info.plist must contain an NSCalendarsUsageDescription key with a string value explaining to the user how the app uses this data.

Once these issues have been corrected, you can then redeliver the corrected binary.

Regards,

The App Store team"

and I don´t find a clear answer to this issue in the forums.

I just find similar questions with no reply from Adobe. Why isn´t there a reply from Adobe to this issue?

Can somebody help me?

Best

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 27, 2017 Jun 27, 2017

The description of why you want to use a given feature is a recent requirement from Apple. It's the text that appears in a dialog the first time the user invokes that ability. You have to say to the user why it is you need to access that feature.

In the app-descriptor xml there is a section called InfoAdditions, in the iPhone section. That's where you'll see UIDeviceFamily, that has a 1 or 2, or both, depending on what devices you published for. You ought to be able to add this as an entry there:

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The description of why you want to use a given feature is a recent requirement from Apple. It's the text that appears in a dialog the first time the user invokes that ability. You have to say to the user why it is you need to access that feature.

In the app-descriptor xml there is a section called InfoAdditions, in the iPhone section. That's where you'll see UIDeviceFamily, that has a 1 or 2, or both, depending on what devices you published for. You ought to be able to add this as an entry there:

<key>NSCalendarsUsageDescription</key><string>Guitar Scales uses your calendar to book your next gig.</string>

One difficulty is that Animate wipes out that setting when you go into publish settings. A way around that is to only add the extra text to the XML at the end, and then do a Publish from the File menu. Don't go back into publishing settings, it will erase your changes to the XML.

I just tested it, and info.plist did have a NSCalendarsUsageDescription key, and the text was set to "Guitar Scales uses your calendar to book your next gig."

Now, if you can't think of a reason why your app would be accessing the calendar, then look at any ANEs you are using, and think about whether they might have a reason to look at the calendar. If you can think of a reason, then describe it in that string.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colin:

Thank´s a lot for your reply.

I have an ad-free version than went up to iTunesConnect with no problem. The one that I can´t get up is the one that uses the MmgAdMob_both_ANE_v4_7_0

I don´t know of any reason for this ANE to look at the calendar, so I really don´t know what to do. This is what I have in my XML.

I will appreciate your help:

<iPhone>

<requestedDisplayResolution>standard</requestedDisplayResolution>

<InfoAdditions><![CDATA[

<key>UIDeviceFamily</key>

<array><string>1</string><string>2</string></array>

]]></InfoAdditions>

</iPhone>

<supportedLanguages>en</supportedLanguages>

<extensions>

<extensionID>com.milkmangames.extensions.AdMob</extensionID>

<extensionID>com.milkmangames.extensions.GoogleServices</extensionID>

</extensions>

</application>

Again:

Best Regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Email support@milkmangames.com to ask why the ANE is reading the calendar. I think you'll still have to try the InfoAdditions changes I mentioned, but it would be nice to know what reason you have to give for accessing the calendar.

You should include the report from Apple in your email.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 28, 2017 Jun 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colin:

I already sent a message to milkmangames. As soon as I get a reply and a solution to this I will let you know. Thank´s for your advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 28, 2017 Jun 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

He usually responds quickly, hope you hear soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 02, 2017 Jul 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colin:

I didn´t get a response from Milkmangames but I found something Stack Overflow that goes with what you said. I used this:

<key>NSCalendarsUsageDescription</key>

<string>Some ad content may access calendar</string>

and my app already went up on iTunesconnect.

Thanks again for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 02, 2017 Jul 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nice find! It even sounds plausible!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines