• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Vision Loss simulation

New Here ,
Jun 27, 2017 Jun 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am wondering if someone could help me with an easy way in Photoshop to recreate the below view with Retinitis Pigementation. I have a photograph and I would like to add varying degrees of shadow over it to show the varying degrees of vision loss associated with this condition. Thanks in advance. 

retinitis_pigmentosapic.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 27, 2017 Jun 27, 2017

There are a number of ways to have a feather effect or we can say soften the circle, two of which are:

• Choose Elliptical Marquee tool, before drawing a circle, change Feather amount in the Options Bar on top (amount will depend on high or low image resolution), now draw a circle, invert, and fill.

• The other way, is to draw a circle with Elliptical Marquee tool, go to the menu Select > Select and Mask, add a Feather amount, and make sure to have Output To: Selection at the bottom of the dialogue wi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just add a layer, and make a round selection the size of your smallest aperture.

Invert the selection and fill black.

You can then Free Transform in and out holding down the Shift and Alt keys while dragging a corner handle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Trevor.

I have got that far, but don't know how to make the edges of the centre circle feathered or with a gradient?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are a number of ways to have a feather effect or we can say soften the circle, two of which are:

• Choose Elliptical Marquee tool, before drawing a circle, change Feather amount in the Options Bar on top (amount will depend on high or low image resolution), now draw a circle, invert, and fill.

• The other way, is to draw a circle with Elliptical Marquee tool, go to the menu Select > Select and Mask, add a Feather amount, and make sure to have Output To: Selection at the bottom of the dialogue window. Now fill with Black.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines