• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 6 How to validate user input without using keyboard shortcuts

New Here ,
Nov 26, 2012 Nov 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using Adobe Captivate 6 for about 4 months now.  Completely new to the program.  The number one function of Captivate for me will to create many software simulations for verifiable training.  This means that I will be utilizing the training and assessment modes A LOT.  I have run into many hurdles throughout the process, but one of my biggies right now is this:

In the training and assessment modes, I have times where the user must input data such as an address or number.  In the actual software they will be utilizing it is not always required to use TAB or ENTER in order to move to the next field.  In some instances, it will be necessary to actually click into a field after entering data.  My problem is that it seems as if Captivate will not allow this,  as a keyboard shortcut is automatically entered even if a TAB or ENTER is not required after input.  I assume this is so that the inputted information can be verified.  If you decide you do not want to use a keyboard shortcut to validate the inputted information, you must have a submit button.  Is there any way to change this??  All I want is for the user to enter information and then click into another field WITHOUT having to press ENTER, TAB, or hit a submit button.  Is this even possible if you need user input to be validated??  Any ideas or suggestions would be much appreciated!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 26, 2012 Nov 26, 2012

Hello,

A while ago I explained the work flow I’m using often in that case, only for the last field you need to have either a shortcut or a submit button AND the sequence has to be imposed. The idea is that you make the Submit button for the first field transparent, delete the ‘Submit’ text and put it over the second field. So if the user clicks on the second field, he also submits the value of the first field.

Here is the blog post I’m referring to:

http://lilybiri.posterous.com/one-submit-button-

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

A while ago I explained the work flow I’m using often in that case, only for the last field you need to have either a shortcut or a submit button AND the sequence has to be imposed. The idea is that you make the Submit button for the first field transparent, delete the ‘Submit’ text and put it over the second field. So if the user clicks on the second field, he also submits the value of the first field.

Here is the blog post I’m referring to:

http://lilybiri.posterous.com/one-submit-button-for-multiple-text-entry-box

Although it was written for previous versions, the idea will still be functional.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!!!  This is exactly what I needed.  This has solved lots of frustration and time trying to figure this out. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome! Started blogging to avoid having to repeat that kind of answers,

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2017 Jun 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lilybrir.

Provided information is really helpful to me. Will you please share me the link for one submit button for multiple text entry box. Above link is not working.

Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had to move the blog, now paying for an 'eternal' host:

One Submit button for Multiple Text Entry Boxes? - Captivate blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much Lilybiri..This links helps me lot. Thanks again for timely help...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources