Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

3d unwrapping

New Here ,
Jun 28, 2017 Jun 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've imported a 3d model into photoshop , opened a 3d layer but i could not figure out how can I mark the seams and how can I unwrap the model.

I've been searching for a suitable tutorial but I did not find anything that relate to what I was looking for - I might have missed something.

Would appreciate any advice or tutorials recomendations.

Thank you very much

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 29, 2017 Jun 29, 2017

Then download the demo of 3DCoat and retopologise your model by rebuilding a mesh on top of your scan data or use the tools in whatever 3D tool you have. Even Blender has okay-ish tools for that. Trying to create a UV set from a non-contiguous mesh isn't going to work since all polygons will have the same UV range, give or take differences in orientation and perhaps a few auto-welded UV islands. Fixing this manually will take days and weeks. You really can't put off the unavoidable.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much!!!

I'm afraid I need more than this. I've manged to unwrap my model and now i need to texture with a photorealistic photos while my model is unwrapped in one piece. any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said - you need a 3D program and learn how to use the tools. There are no magic buttons and Blender is free. That's just how it is - UV unwraps are still boring, arduous and complicated.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2017 Jun 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did try to unwrap my model in blender unfurtentally my model is from a scanner which makes the tipology a bit triky which makes it harder to texture it... this is why i try to do it in photoshop.

Thank you for your advice but I'm not sure it will help in this case.

Will appreciate any other thought though...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Then download the demo of 3DCoat and retopologise your model by rebuilding a mesh on top of your scan data or use the tools in whatever 3D tool you have. Even Blender has okay-ish tools for that. Trying to create a UV set from a non-contiguous mesh isn't going to work since all polygons will have the same UV range, give or take differences in orientation and perhaps a few auto-welded UV islands. Fixing this manually will take days and weeks. You really can't put off the unavoidable.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Personally - I would unwrap in Blender.

If you are determined to do this in Photoshop, put your photos into smart objects and move them over the UVs. You can spit the screen using Window > Arrange > tile so that you can see the photos on the model while you move, transform, warp etc ... them over the psb file with the UVs.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS has no UV tools. You have to use a 3D program and then import the model with a pre-existing UV parameterization.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines