• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saving INDD Templates (page layouts) to CC Libraries

New Here ,
Jun 28, 2017 Jun 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've searched for this answer but it still eludes me.  How can I add InDesign page templates (size, bleed, margins, column, slug) to CC libraries so that I can then share them with other InDD users?

Thanks

Al

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 28, 2017 Jun 28, 2017

Hi

It is not possible to add these to the CC Library panel at this time.

While it is not quite what you are asking, you could still create a preset and share this with the other users, which would cover some of your use cases:

- Got to File > Document Presets > Define

- Click on 'New':

- Define your presets and click on 'OK':

- In the 'Document Presets' window, highlight your new preset, and click on 'Save':

- Enter the name of the file you wish to save, and save it in your desired location:

The other

Votes

Translate

Translate
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unless I am wrong, you won't be able to store "pages" into CC libraries. However you can totally store page contents by drag-n-dropping the items onto the library.

If you really need more, you could save one page documents as templates onto a shared folder or use some DAM.

Loic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thats an interesting approach, gonna delve further into this one!  Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

It is not possible to add these to the CC Library panel at this time.

While it is not quite what you are asking, you could still create a preset and share this with the other users, which would cover some of your use cases:

- Got to File > Document Presets > Define

- Click on 'New':

- Define your presets and click on 'OK':

- In the 'Document Presets' window, highlight your new preset, and click on 'Save':

- Enter the name of the file you wish to save, and save it in your desired location:

The other users can then go to File> Document Presets > Define, and click on 'Load', then navigate to the file you created and load your preset in their app, and use it to create new documents.

Hope this helps

Damien

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can store InDesign templates in your Creative Cloud files storage but not in CC Libraries. Give the CC files a try. You can still share them with other users, just not in a panel within an application. Go to creative.adobe.com and click on Creative Cloud files. Or you can just drop them into your Creative Cloud Files folder on your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank Chad,

I'll look at this - along with the other suggestions here - and figure out which direction to take.  Glad to see it's not something I missed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very helpful Damien... looks like a great workaround!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines