• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Refresh automatically number page

Explorer ,
Jun 28, 2017 Jun 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I have a book with a lot of files and pages in a row. "File one", "File two" for example. How can I do for the pages refresh automatically when I add a new page in any file of the book?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 28, 2017 Jun 28, 2017

Well, doesn't it do so automatically?

Three things to watch out for:

1. InDesign cannot see from a single open document that it is used elsewhere in a book. It only knows this when you also have the Book document open.

2. None of the documents must have the page numbering "Start Page Numbering At (xxx)". (Unless you want it to.) Leave it set to "Automatic Page Numbering" so ID can adjust it when necessary.

3. And of course, you must have "Automatically Update Page & Section Numbers" enabled in the B

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

You will need to use a master page to do it, but the process of page numbering is quite simple:

Add page numbering to your pages in Adobe InDesign

Hope this helps

Damien

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I tried to better explain my question in a reply below

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I haven't delved too deeply in the creation of books. This document seems to indicate that it is possible to auto-update the page numbers across the various documents (section 'Number pages, chapters, and paragraphs in a book'):

Create book files with Adobe InDesign

You may need to also look at the 'Synchronize book documents' section too

If you still have difficulties, could you give as much details as you can, and I'll try to take a look.

Damien

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll try and if no to function I ask again. Thank you until now.

And... I am sorry for my English. My native language is Portuguese and I only learn English still..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the files and the book:

For example in "A_Catálogo_2017 ..." I have 34 pages. The "B_Catalogo_2017 ..." start in page 35, but if I add two pages in the first file, how do I automatically refresh the pages of the next files, for to start "B_Catálogo_2017..."  in 37? Is it possible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, doesn't it do so automatically?

Three things to watch out for:

1. InDesign cannot see from a single open document that it is used elsewhere in a book. It only knows this when you also have the Book document open.

2. None of the documents must have the page numbering "Start Page Numbering At (xxx)". (Unless you want it to.) Leave it set to "Automatic Page Numbering" so ID can adjust it when necessary.

3. And of course, you must have "Automatically Update Page & Section Numbers" enabled in the Book Page Numbering Options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The files and book was make for other people and now I am responsible for him.

Sincerely, I am learn about InDesign still and not worked with the program previously. Thanks for help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines