Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Open document using permissions password

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2017 Jun 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am trying to find out how Acrobat work if the owner opens the document using permission password. Is there any Help reference available for this?

The document I created has different open and permission password. I noticed some documents temporarily allow all permissions and some didn't leaving me very confused.

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 27, 2017 Jun 27, 2017

To open a document with open password use the open password. When you want change the permissions you will asked for the permission password.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 27, 2017 Jun 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To open a document with open password use the open password. When you want change the permissions you will asked for the permission password.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 27, 2017 Jun 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The file-edit password can always be used as the file-open password as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2017 Jun 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, so still waiting for some insight about permissions when permission password is used to open file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what you mean... The permissions are the same, regardless of what password you use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The permissions password is NEVER used to open the file.

I I think you are assuming that the permissions password is used to open in an "owner mode" where you can ignore restrictions and edit, print etc. No. The permissions password has only one job: you must quote it when you turn security back to NONE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Opening a document with the "permissions" (Owner) password gives you all permissions. Opening with the User password gives only the permissions granted by the owner. If you attempt to do anything not granted, Acrobat will usually ask for the Owner password. If it does not, you can force the issue by going to the Security settings panel and entering the Owner password.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, you're correct. When you use the file-edit password to open the file the security restrictions set by the file-edit password do not apply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines