Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The usual problem: "Some files on the server may be missing or incorrect."

Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2017 Mar 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings Adobe,

Perhaps the most annoying, frustrating, common problem on muse, everytime I upload my site with Muse, it gives the pop up,

"Some files on the server may be missing or incorrect."

This problem however has been very apparent in the latest build and I always clear the browser cache, wait a few days, and everything is okay again, but with the last two newest builds, this has not been the case.

-------------------------------

My work around has always been to use this script on every page to hide the pop up:

<script> //disable alert popup

window.alert = function() {};

</script>

but now it's been messing up certain elements I have changed on the site.

You can take a look at the sites here:

esc-it.ca
pokeguys.ca

-------------------------------

I've also done all the regular solutions below, so please don't tell me to try them again. This is 100% an Adobe Muse issue and I don't see a reason why it hasn't been fixed yet after all these years.

What I've done already:
– yes, I'm using the newest build as of March 11, 2017, build 96 and the site is hosted on a godaddy server.
– yes, i've cleared my cache several times and used different browsers.
– yes, I'm using the "Upload to FTP Host..." button and not uploading to a third party with "export html".
– yes, I've tried deleting all current files and re-uploading them.
– no, the problem does not persist if I simply preview the site.
– no, the problem does not persist if I export the files and open the site locally.
– yes, I've read the FAQ, your help articles, and many many discussions on this same issue already and tried all solutions.

It baffles me that every version of adobe muse has this problem and that this is not the number one priority to fix when releasing new builds. This is the number one problem Adobe Muse runs into, and thousands of businesses are losing money everyday because of sites with this annoying problem.

Please, please, please fix this Adobe; and if you can't, at least don't be silent with the problem and let the users know why it's so difficult to fix. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 10, 2017 Apr 10, 2017

This is the response I received from the team

Our best suggestion is to wait for some time and try our prerelese build where we will be introducing an option to suppress this message. To register with Adobe Muse pre-release, use this link Adobe Prerelease

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Desmond,

First of all, thank you for doing all the usual troubleshooting steps for this issue. I am sorry that none of these worked in your case. We would like to get in touch with you for investigation if you are interested. In that case send me your Adobe ID, location, and phone number over a private message. Click my picture and use the Message button.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2017 Mar 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same issue here at www.hyrailsimulations.net - performed all the fixes above as well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jason,

The team has reopened the bug for this issue. Meanwhile, if you would like your site to be investigated, please reach out to Contact Customer Care who can also try and provide a workaround solution.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preran,

Glad to hear you've reopened the bug for this issue.

The error message started appearing after my latest update in Muse. Since, I uninstalled it and reinstalled the update from the creative cloud.

A tech at my hosting service examined the page code and concluded this:

"

is showing error message because of this code added in index.html file:

f.parentNode.removeChild(f);if(Muse.assets.outOfDate.length||Muse.assets.required.length)f="Some files on the server may be missing or incorrect. Clear browser cache and try again. If the problem persists please contact website author.",g&&Muse.assets.outOfDate.length&&(f+="\nOut of date: "+Muse.assets.outOfDate.join(",")),g&&Muse.assets.required.length&&(f+="\nMissing: "+Muse.assets.required.join(",")),alert(f)};location&&location.search&&location.search.match&&location.search.match(/muse_debug/gi)?setTimeout(function(){g(!0)},5E3):g()}}i;^M

This was not s problem in earlier versions of Muse, and it's insidious, frustrating and nothing I've been able to fix. The FatCow tech tried to disable it and the slider/rotator stopped working.

I've tried most of the troubleshooting listed earlier.

My site is http://www.neifoundation.org

Hope this can be a top priority or will I have to downgrade a version or two?

Thanks

mdeanhill

mdeanhill@mac.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 07, 2017 Apr 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the additional info. I will share it with the product team.

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preran,

You're welcome.

Here's a bit more that may help. There is a large block of Javascript generated by Muse at the bottom of every page that acts as an "asset check."

The way the error is acting is that something was introduced into that bloc of script that triggers the error window every time the page loads.
Previous versions of the website had a similar "asset check" but it didn't trigger activation of the popup window with the error message.

A week or so ago, I made some purely "text" changes to my site. Did not add any graphics or elements. Then, before I uploaded the changes, I updated to the latest version of Muse, and uploaded, and voila!, the popup error started appearing where it hadn't before.

Since then, I've tried uninstalling Muse and re-installing an earlier version (though that's difficult because sites worked on with the two latest versions of muse aren't editable with later versions from 2016, which appear to be based on the 2015 builds of Muse.

Hope this helps. I have other sites that might be affected by this.

Thanks...

Dean Hill

mdeanhill@mac.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes

I get the  "some files ....blah blah blah..." from your site link...a site I have never visited...telling us to clear the cache isn't something we can tell our clients customers....I can't understand why this continues to be Adobe's response.

get Muse stable and working completely first...then move on to features...it's useless to have menu widgets and more jot working...abe the blame game persists from third party vendors...it's not us it's Muse...then Muse says it's not Muse delete a third party widget...all very time consuming not customer friendly...as I write this I realize after 5 years nothing is going to change in attitude...put more effort into stabilizing a great concept and less into lashing back stage the critics...that's who is using the app...we all know this isn't easy but please response to customers on both forums is important to any company...I do think there has been a shiftvfor the better with the Bangalore team...but there still seems to be a "fly in the ointment"... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2017 Apr 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Preran,

Thanks for your replies and continuous support. I greatly appreciate it.

After trying all these solutions, since this is after all a caching issue, I was wondering about your thoughts about changing my host provider to from godaddy to Adobe Business Catalyst.

I believe the main problem is that you guys can't really control the caching on hosted sites using third party servers correct? If I were to change my hosting services and transfer my domain to Adobe Business Catalyst, this would take care of the caching issue?

Let me know about your honest thoughts and inputs on whether or not this is will solve the problem.

Thanks!

Desmond

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 10, 2017 Apr 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really don't have too much of an idea. Am checking with the team and will get back to you as soon as I have a response.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the response I received from the team

Our best suggestion is to wait for some time and try our prerelese build where we will be introducing an option to suppress this message. To register with Adobe Muse pre-release, use this link Adobe Prerelease

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the same error message.  However, when the site is uploaded to Catalyst, I don't get the error message and I do not get it in Adobe preview.  I also created a subfolder on our domain and uploaded the entire website to the subfolder.  I don't get the error message when opening the website from the subfolder.  The problem seems to be associated with Adobe and our primary website only.  I spent 3 hours with a Godaddy tech working on the problem.  An Adobe tech suggested I ask Godaddy to clear the server cache, but Godaddy confirmed their server does not cache.  Has anyone come up with a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2017 Jun 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im now having this issue again after installing the latest update. The one that supposedly fixes the issue has caused the issue to come back.

I appreciate all your help Preran, however adobe need to fix this issue.

What is being done? Everytime I speak with support I get told "its not happening on our end" clear the caches or cookies or something else.

PLEASE HELP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hej Mike, I had the exact same problem. All of a sudden, before the recent update, I managed to work around it. I'd been on the forum myself a while back and (me and another) didn't get anything tangible from Adobe on this one (no slight on them; they've been brill on PDF and InDesign probs I've had) but this particular 'error' glitch has become a bit of a buggah, as we say in the UK, especially the Welsh bit.

I'm not Musecal, nor a techie (I've only one site up and professionally running ) so don't be surprised if this doesn't work. Here's what I did:

1)  I switched off Wi-Fi and connected only by wire. I switched off all other devices like iPads, iPhones and made sure ONLY Muse was running on the iMac, ALL Adobe stuff definitely switched OFF. Safari, Firefox, all off.

2)  I made sure ONLY THE ROOT PAGE was open at the time of the upload. I know I used to upload from another page on the site but things got better when I uploaded with only the Root Page open, all other pages closed. By the way, I only ever use Muse's ftp connection, so File > Upload to FTP host from the root page.

3)  This probably isn't the cause, but I might have altered/deleted a Browser Fill that I found in two master pages. I know that was on my mind as a possible problem and shortly after I ousted the offending master that's when the error thing stopped.

4)  I wondered if it was the terrible broadband line speed and uploaded the site when the world was asleep. I'm in the UK, the server's in the US, so about 2.30am I'd tiptoe downstairs and set it going. Yes, it's true!

5) And finally, when ready to upload always make sure you're wearing odd socks while quoting Wendell Berry ...

Who am I kidding? It might be none, one, or all, I don't know. But, no more error messages. My client used to get the same error message (and goodness knows who else) but I heard nothing more about it. And I updated the site many times after that.

Mike, recognised y'smoke signals, came over to help. Good luck mate, hope something works ...

I'm on the forum tonight because I had to do another load of edits today. And last week we had Superfast Broadband installed at long last (still a bit rubbish at 40/10MPs) and so I updated to the latest Muse. I unfortunately fiddled with the blasted Browser Fill again and I can't now connect to the ftp server. All's good at the Host's server end so ... buggah, again. Another sleepless night.

I expect I'll be over on another thread shortly ... or asleep.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add to my previous above ...

I'd updated to latest Muse 2017.0.3.20 last week and after a day amending the site I've just finished uploading it (with a different router, see below) and all appears OK, with no cache errors.

What's different with this latest Muse is there seems no need to upload ALL files, like I've been doing for the last few months with the old Muse. This time, what worked was selecting 'Upload MODIFIED files only'. I was despairing at one point because selecting 'Upload ALL files' didn't load any changes at all, and to make things worse a pesky cache error bobbed up. Only when I selected (as a last resort) 'Upload modified files only' did it take on board the new amends. And no cache errors.

This next bit isn't relevant to the US (maybe) but in the UK my new out of the box BT Infinity 5 router caused this problem: uploading the site from Muse, as soon as I went to File > Upload to FTP the wheel of doom hung the system for a good ten mins before giving an error message, 'Could not sign you in [response reading failed]'. I could still manufacture an upload via Ignore/Fix but after taking ages to upload it hadn't processed the new version, it displayed the old version. Maybe the Infinity5 needed registering with the BT.com website, I don't know.

In the end, I swapped the Infinity 5 router for the old 2Wire one and everything worked OK.

Night night.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 28, 2017 Jun 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An update from the messages above.

Ten mins ago on the latest Muse I had to do another set of amends and additions on the site I do (mentioned above). So when I was done I uploaded through Muse FTP. I selected 'modified files only' as before. All went through OK. No error/cache message problems across iMac, iPhone, iPad. No problems from the client.

Seems strong and stable, does new Muse.

Old Muse, weak n wobbly. Nothing worse

In short here's my workround list again that I posted on another thread should anyone come here.

I wrote:

………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Was on Muse 2017.0.2, error cache problem made better with 'managed' work round (see below)

Now on Muse 2017.0.3, no problem with error cache so far

On old Muse I tried everything on the forums. I figured if not code stuff it could just as well be a dodgy router, a bad telephone line, slow upload speeds, interference from other devices in the working environment, other traffic on the line. It may be a combination of all, one, or none of them but the list below worked for me.

On old Muse 17.0.2 I had fewer errors when I:

a)  uploaded from Muse but from the root/home page with all other pages closed

b)  closed down all other Adobe apps

c)  closed down all other devices linking by Wi-Fi, iPads, iPhones etc

d)  switched Wi-Fi off

e)  uploaded in the early hours when little traffic on the web (daft maybe and no way to run a business)

f)  selected 'Upload ALL files' (not, modified files)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a question...but does not just providing an option of "suppressing the message" actually fix the issue...or just hide it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2017 Jul 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happens every time I update Adobe Muse. It happens so often that I have STOPPED updating Adobe Muse, which is why I waited to update Adobe Muse this time. It has been several days now and I am still getting this message. It usually will "correct" itself, but it's not correcting.

I have done all the things the poster has also done. This is a bug problem. I also do not understand why this isn't a priority to fix.

TarotHeaven.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 17, 2017 Jul 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Your site "TarotHeaven.com“, doesn’t show the alert here. That may indicate, that it is in fact a caching issue on your machine. Did you really clear the browser’s cache? If yes, follow the steps I listed here:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2357661

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please check my site too I am having this exact same problem. Cleared cache, but it returns. www.lewgrill.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the alert is shown here as well. Obviously it is not a cache issue on your machine.

I'd try the following, if possible for you:

Log directly into your hosting space and delete all files manually. Then upload your site again using Muse's "Publish" command.

If this has not success just have a look at my answer here https://forums.adobe.com/message/9702632#9702632

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It shows it on some machines and not on others. The annoying part is when people viewing my site send me a message asking me why their machine as a popup/alert.

Why can't you create a function that overrides this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you follow my link?

Did you precisely follow the instruction given in that link? (Of course you’ll find the correct „AppPrefs.xml“ within the folder „2018.0“)

This method definitely works. Here you find a small screencast about this: https://forums.adobe.com/message/9702632#9702632

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines