• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Suddenly missing msvcr110.dll error preventing me from using Premier Elements 14

Participant ,
Jun 26, 2017 Jun 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have been using Prem El 14 in Windows 10  for several years and suddenly am prevented from using it

When I start the program I Get an error message that msvcr110.dll is missing. The error message cannot be removed from my screeen without shutting down my laptop.  Any suggestions on how to correct this problem.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2017 Jun 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 27, 2017 Jun 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bob

thank you for your advice...tried all the solutions found in the threads but they didn't help.  The problem with the missing dll only affects Premiere Elements but does not affect Photoshop. I tried deleting and re-installing Premiere Elements and doing a system restore Those attempts were negative.  Very frustrating as I have some video editing projects I cannot work on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This driver is part of C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012, an optional load for the Microsoft operating system.

Try downloading the latest from here and see if it fixes it.

Download Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4 from Official Microsoft Download...

Though that looks like what Bob recommended and for some reason it didn't work for you, even though you installed the whole set and rebooted.

So I'm not sure what's up with things at your end. That's definitely where the solution lies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve

as always thanks for chiming in with your suggestion

The steps led to a different error  window  message  this time from Adobe

scrshot.jpgscreen shot attached

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2017 Jun 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Don't know if you saw this, but I did it and it fixed my problem:

Thanks for posting in Adobe forum.

I understand you are facing issue with Elements 14.1.

Can we try the following steps:

Firstly,

Please click here to download Adobe Application Manager for Windows.

- After installation please double click its icon on your desktop screen to complete the installation.(Windows)

Secondly,

- Open "Control Panel"

- Open "Programs & Features"

- Repair the following list of programs

* Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable (x64)

* Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable (x86)

* Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable (x64)

* Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable (x86)

* Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable (x64)

* Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable (x86)

- Restart your machine & check Adobe Elements

Hope this helps

Thanks

Regards

Dhananjay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same exact problem.  One day Elements worked fine, the next day, zip.  I have followed all of the recommended fixes including repairing the .dll, reinstalling the application.  Every time I launch the app, and it fails, I have to do a hard reboot of my computer.  Surely this is not a coincidence.  I've spent over four hours already today trying to sus this out. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may be related to a Windows OS upgrade.  I have heard from several persons whose Microsoft-based utilities are not functioning properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines