• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a default location for ID templates?

Participant ,
Jun 28, 2017 Jun 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've made a half dozen document presets that I use regularly and that are immediately available as soon as I choose "new document." These presets, however, are not templates with objects in them. It would be ideal to have custom templates available as easily as pressing command-n, just as presets are, rather than navigating to a particular folder where I might choose to save the templates.

I'm just confirming that this is the case—that custom templates I make (or get from others) must be opened like regular documents. (And that there isn't any particular default location for them.)

Rob

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 28, 2017 Jun 28, 2017

That’s how it works.

You can set most defaults by doing so with no documents open but that’s going to apply to ALL new documents.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That’s how it works.

You can set most defaults by doing so with no documents open but that’s going to apply to ALL new documents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the quick reply, Bob.

And yeah, the universal defaults have saved me lots of time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines