Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign drag and drop from Chrome stoped

Engaged ,
Jun 27, 2017 Jun 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,
i just upgrade to CC. One of the nice feature of InDesing CS 6 is to easily drag and drop from any internet browser images to take colors, inspiration, etc.Now that is not working.

Any idea or advices?

Cheers,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tested this and it still works fine in Safari and Firefox to simply drag and drop an image from the browser to InDesign. Chrome was the only one that didn't work. Perhaps Google (who owns Chrome) decided against continuing the feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could Right-Click the image then Copy Image and Paste in InDesign

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 29, 2017 Jun 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sure, but it times more time specially when doing some visual brainstorming taking colors from screen and so on. There are not images for printing. The drag and drop is a very quick and useful feature then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am not sure dragging would be good workflow since you are embedding and if you are working with print you will have issues, plus no linked file you can edit in photoshop. I don't know what your process is.

I personally use this: Nimbus Screenshot & Screen Video Recorder - Chrome Web Store

i take a screenshot of the entire page, make a .jpg  save it, and place it to indesign. it allows you to take a screenshot of the entire page, even what is not visible due to screensize. I find this allows me to have an image file i can edit on photoshop and update the link on indesign.

Again i don't know what your workflow is. But i find this way very flexible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi SebastiaoV,

I tried to reproduce the same at our end and found that this could be an issue with Chrome. We still can drag and drop images from other browsers. Please check if there's an update for Chrome available.

Regards,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could it be an OS issue? Chrome drag and drop doesn't work for me with CC 2014 and Yosemite.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 28, 2017 Jun 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rob,

Yeah, it could be. I got the same behavior. Will have to check it further down, will try to get more information on this and update soon.

Regards,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 29, 2017 Jun 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The curious thing is that drag and drop with an older version of Chrome, and Mavericks and InDesign CS6 and it works great! On my other computer i have Mac OS X Sierra, InDesign CC 2017 and the latest Chrome and does not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines