Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign and Sharepoint

Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2017 Jun 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Indesign Forum,

I have created an image library in Sharepoint to filter my images via a specific criteria.

I have managed to import images in the sharepoint library into Indesign via the https link.

Sadly, the link only last for a few hours and then is no longer available.

Has anyone managed to link images to Sharepoint and managed to keep the link active.

I am currently working on Windows 7 and Indesign CS6.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 28, 2017 Jun 28, 2017

Hi Ohmnath,

Thank you for all your help.

I had looked at other reasons the links could break and I think it may be Sharepoint Session Management (SharePoint Authentication and Session Management | Rob Garrett – Blog)

Kind regards

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stephen,

Please check this thread for more details: Running an InDesign project on SharePoint

Here's a video tutorial: Adobe InDesign MS SharePoint Windows - YouTube.

Regards,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ohmnath,

Thank you for the speedy reply.

My problem appears a few hours after the images have been placed. All the links to Sharepoint then appear to be broken.

If I click on show in explorer while in Sharepoint, the links are then re-established.

Mapping to the sharepoint folder works OK for a while. However, after a few hours I am unable to open the mapped drive and a red cross appears on the drive.

My ideal solution would be that the links remain active all the time.

Kind regards

Steve Burgess

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 28, 2017 Jun 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stephen,

This could be a connection drop. Do you have any conflicting app installed? Is your connection secured in such a way that it could block or disconnect apps after a while?

Regards,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2017 Jun 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ohmnath,

Thank you for all your help.

I had looked at other reasons the links could break and I think it may be Sharepoint Session Management (SharePoint Authentication and Session Management | Rob Garrett – Blog)

Kind regards

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 29, 2017 Jun 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am glad that I was able to help. Thanks for sharing this up, it would certainly help many other users. Really appreciated.

Regards,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines