Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2017 Freezes on Save

Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2017 Jun 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everybody,

I'm on a new Windows 10 Pro PC with a fresh install of Photoshop 2017 CC, and Photoshop freezes whenever I attempt to save a file. A few details:

• The only way out of the freeze is to ctrl+alt+del
  • This freeze seems to wipe out my recently set preferences. I get the "New Library from Document" pop-up every time I reopen PS, in spite of routinely marking it "Don't Show Again"
  • There's no hang, just instantly frozen and Photoshop is immediately labelled "Not responding" in the task manager.
  • This happens whenever I save a document, be it ctrl+s or File -> Save.
  • Save As seems to work, albeit sporadically, and while Photoshop is still responsive after a Save As it won't let me close out of PS via anything but the task manager.

This is a fresh install, the only settings I changed were selecting a scratch disk and increasing the amount of history states to 200. I've reset both and the issue persists.

Anybody have any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 28, 2017 Jun 28, 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 28, 2017 Jun 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2017 Jun 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! That solved my saving problem.

Still having some issues with Photoshop overall, but I'm putting those down to Windows rather than the app itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines