• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rotoscoping render different to preview

Explorer ,
Jun 28, 2017 Jun 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm rotoscoping my characters body for a 6 second composition and it seems like it adds extra frames when I render it.

Screen Shot 2017-06-28 at 16.23.11.png

When I render it it completely loses its shape:

example - YouTube

Can someone explain what's going on?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you actually freeze the Rotobrush before rendering and al lthe propagation has happened correctly.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you freeze the rotobrush?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a button/ icon for it at the bottom of the layer window. I suggest you read the help.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here?

Screen Shot 2017-06-28 at 17.40.23 copy.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

here:

as other have said, you should read the help files and save your self a LOT of pain dealing with this highly intuitive tool.

this:

Roto Brush and Refine Matte in After Effects

After Effects Roto Brush, Refine Edge, and Refine Matte

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you actually done the many Rotobrush tutorials?  It's all covered in them.  And I'm not talkingt the ones done by high school kids on youtube -- I'm talking the ones done by the pros, to which you can find links on this very web site.

This isn't an effort to brush you off.  Rotobrush is NOT intuitive to use, and covering its proper use is not the topic for a simple forum post. That's why there are tutorials.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just confused because I've been using this process for a 6 minute film and I haven't had any problems with it apart from with this one clip where the output is completely different

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines