• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error that I am not connected to the internet when trying to convert

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2017 Jun 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Adobe DC, when I go to convert a file I receive an error that I am not connected to the internet, however I am.  Why am I seeing this error and how can I get around it?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2017 Jun 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really need help with this.  We paid for a service that we cannot use and you cannot call or email support.  This is our only option.  Our IT team has looked at this as well and states everything is showing properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Acrobat DC doesn't need a internet connection for converting files!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn’t think I should have to be but I am unable to actually convert anything. See image below.

Thanks,

Amanda

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is the image?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

error.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are using Adobe's ExportPDF service to convert from PDF to Word/Excel. There is an interface built into Adobe Reader for this service, which in my experience is very unreliable. You may want to try to upload your PDF file directly to the service: https://cloud.acrobat.com/exportpdf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I shouldn't be using Adobe DC?  A customer service rep 2 weeks ago when I purchased the upgrade told me that is what I needed to use.  SO I really should be using Adobe Acrobat?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no product called "Adobe DC", you very likely are using the free Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. What product this you upgrade to? If you do have a license for Adobe Acrobat Pro (or Standard), you can convert straight from that application - without the need to upload anything. You would do that by selecting File>Export To>Microsoft Word>... (or Spreadsheet for Excel documents).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the Pro and it would not let us convert anything.  I am on a business computer and was approved to purchase the add on to be able to convert files.   I made the purchase and then was told by customer service that I needed to install Acrobat DC (sorry for typing Adobe).  So now I am using Acrobat DC.  I logged into my Adobe account but can not convert anything.  So what should I be using since I made the purchase?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens when you try to convert with Adobe Acrobat DC Pro or Standard? Are you getting an error? Are the results not what you expect? Again, if you do have the ExportPDF subscription, you can always upload the files directly to the web service and convert them that way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2017 Jun 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

!

I have Adobe Acrobat DC.  I do not know if it is Pro or Standard.  I paid for the upgrade for the Adobe export PDF service.  I was not able to log into my adobe account with whatever version I had before and customer service stated that I needed to download Acrobat DC and sent me the link.  I downloaded that and now I get a internet connection error. !adobe purchase.png

error.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe I have the standard version of Acrobat DC.  When I try to use the web option I get an error that they are currently unavailable.  That has been the last 2 days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upload the PDF file directly to http://cloud.acrobat.com/exportpdf - this works usually better than trying to do it in the free Reader (which is what your screenshot is from). If you also have Acrobat Pro or Standard, you can use the export function in it's File menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you but that link does not work see below. I do not have the export option in my file menu see second image. I paid for a subscription and I logged into my account through the reader. How is it a free version? What program should I be using to use the subscription that I paid for?

The subscription in red is what I have purchased. This is a screen shot from my managers laptop so I could get a screen shot.

Thanks,

Amanda

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

page not found.pngfile menu.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe purchase.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the link without the '-' at the end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, the forum software must have concatenated the link with the first character I typed after it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't think I should need to but when I click convert I get an error "No Internet Connection This feature in this area require Internet connectivity.  Please connect your computer to the Internet and try again."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines