Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

3d Element pivot point

New Here ,
May 13, 2017 May 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

If i can please get some help, i been trying to get this toilet seat to pivot so it opens right, when i set the pivot point in elements 3d it pivots fine, when i go to my scene and try to pivot it in particle look/rotation  it will only pivot in the middle..

Attached is the file if someone can please take a look and see what im doing wrong, i been trying this for a few hours now and getting no were

thank you, tom

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 14, 2017 May 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot attach files here and there are no screenshots in your post.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
May 14, 2017 May 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe moving the anchor point inside the Element UI is just for set up.  The pivot of the scene will always be at the origin point of the grid inside element's UI.  For example if you moved the door so the edge is at the center point of the grid in Element, it will rotate from that point in After Effects.  However it will also be created off to the side.

Don't fret though.  You can adjust the "world anchor point" down in the "world transformation" section of the effect controls & it will be passed on to all of Element's transformation controls.

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 28, 2017 Jun 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jon47,

Are you still facing this problem? If not, let us know how you solved it. If so, please let us know so we can assist you further.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines