• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fractal noise issue

New Here ,
Jun 28, 2017 Jun 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, super new to After Effects and I am trying to do a tutorial about adding video glitch to a video. The tutorial wants me to add a solid layer and then put the fractal noise effect on the layer. In every video I have watched, when the fractal layer is added a cloudy image appears on the solid. Whenever I add a fractal noise layer I just get a white box. Inside the fractal noise effect panel, every fractal type is a white box except for a few. Does anyone know how to get the cloudy image to come up when the fractal type is set to Basic? Thanks for any help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe you've got some other effect that is causing the layer to be overly bright?

Three things you could try:

1. Click the word Reset to the right of Fractal Noise in the Effects Control window.

2. Delete the Fractal Noise effect and reapply it.

3. Do a test: create a new comp, add a new solid, add Fractal Noise to that. Does that work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update your graphics driver and check your hardware acceleration preferences. In the latest CC version some effects are GPU-accelerated and if the configuration is not right, they simply will not render.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Carmine2.1,

Are you still facing this problem? If not, let us know how you solved it. If so, please let us know so we can assist you further.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines