Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to edit a big problem in sections. Elements 14

Explorer ,
Jun 29, 2017 Jun 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am editing another wild life project.

Wild life projects have long and many clips which involve a large amount of rubbish when editing all of which has to be present on the time line e.g. 10 hours or more down to 2 hours or less. This seems to be rather a lot for Elements 13 to deal with all at once on my kit and hold ups and slow downs occur.

I have succeeded eventually in the past but it has seemed to be almost on the verge of disaster as I add more and more.

I would like to edit the project in sections and then stick them together in the end but somehow still be able to edit them as a whole.

If I could do this I could have two or three people helping me.

Has anyone experienced this method and if so have they any hints and tips.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 29, 2017 Jun 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no reason the program can't handle such large files -- assuming you've got an adequately powered system and lots and lots of RAM.

Which processor do you have and on what operating system? How much RAM do you have and how much free, clean, defragmented space is on your hard drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 30, 2017 Jun 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My projects run from about 12 to 25 minutes, and they include a video and still graphics. As I develop the longer ones, I've found that if I export and save the video as it grows and then re-load the edited  / saved video, it works much better. I realize that this method is more time-consuming, but it releases up the memory used to keep track of the different segments used in the video. I have no problem in extending my videos to longer than the 25 minutes that max outs the attention span of my viewers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines