• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing default new layer shortcut (without dialog box)

Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2017 Jun 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I change default New layer shortcut (CTRL+SHIFT+ALT+N)?

I cannot do it through Keyboard shortcuts pannel. Only the one that opens a dialog box is there and I really want to avoid hitting enter everytime I make a new layer.

It's really important to my workflow.

[Moved from the Lounge (which is where you can "connect with your peers" from across all of Adobe's products for conversations that don't directly relate to help and support) to a product-specific support forum by a moderator]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you change the New Layer shortcut to cmd-shift-… and the corresponding shortcut is »free« hitting cmd-alt-shift-… should work.

Otherwise you could still use an Action with a Function Key.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works partially. The shortcut I'm trying to set is SHIFT+F1 so on PC creating an Action will not work as there's no F1 available (don't think there's a solution to unlocking it which sucks tbh).

I assigned my shortcut to New layer and now Shift+F1 creates a new layer with a dialog box and Shift+Alt+F1 creates it without a dialog box. That's better but still I'd prefer to have Shift+f1 make a layer without the box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I record creating a new Layer via the button in the Layers Panel I get no dialog on running the Action.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

True. But on PC you can't assign F1 with any modificator to actions. That's why I'm looking for a way to change a default photoshop shortcut for creating a layer without a dialog box (not listed in keyboard shortcuts panel).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines