• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign Styles Disconnected

New Here ,
Jun 29, 2017 Jun 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just opened a document that had several applied InDesign files and now all of the text shows as Basic Paragraph and [None] under character styles.

Is there a fix to get the styles to re-assign as they were?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 29, 2017 Jun 29, 2017

No, there is no fix if this happened. Do the styles still exist? You will have to reapply them.

But first, open the Story Editor with the frame selected and confirm that the styles are really gone.

I agree with Bob that this is unlikely to have happened by itself. Check your Recents list, and check to see if it was closed without saving. But if the styles aren't applied, there is no quick fix. Sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be highly unusual for this happen all by itself. Are you sure you opened the right file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, there is no fix if this happened. Do the styles still exist? You will have to reapply them.

But first, open the Story Editor with the frame selected and confirm that the styles are really gone.

I agree with Bob that this is unlikely to have happened by itself. Check your Recents list, and check to see if it was closed without saving. But if the styles aren't applied, there is no quick fix. Sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines