• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I choose which credit card I'm paying with?

New Here ,
Jun 29, 2017 Jun 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have 2 credit cards saved into my account.

I also have a monthly membership which is linked to one of the cards, so it automatically takes the money from it each month.

Occasionally, I purchase images one-by-one and before downloading them, it used to ask how do I want to pay or let me choose from the 2 cards that I've previously used.

But yesterday I had to buy some other videos and images and it placed the order + downloaded the items directly, without even giving me a payment option. This is not ok since I wasn't supposed to use that specific card that Adobe choose for no reason. It's not even the same card used for the membership.

Customer support didn't help either, pointing to the way I can change my payment details for the membership only. And suggested to change the browser (no, that didn't help either).

I should be able to choose with which card I want to pay for any online purchase, but I can't even see the billing details until I receive the invoice. Anyone has any idea of what's going on? I don't have control on which card I'm paying with.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 29, 2017 Jun 29, 2017

Hi BH,

When you purchased your first on demand Stock asset it established a default payment method for your future purchases on the Adobe Stock site. You can view and edit that payment method in Account Management: https://accounts.adobe.com/plans

EBQ

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Balkan,

I see you have an active Adobe account under the same ID as with forums and was able to pull the details of the purchase you made.

I see you purchased 3 videos and an image. 

Please see your private message for more details.

Thanks

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for your message, but I don't want to change the cards, nor did I want them to be saved. I just want to see which card I'm paying with in the moment of the purchase or even introduce the cards details myself before the download begins, as a confirmation that I want to but that file and that I agree to pay with a specific card.

It's just the usual procedure, why did it change?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Balkan,

You can see the card details on your Adobe accounts page.

In case you are not willing to keep your card on file, please Contact Customer Care.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again, but these generic answers aren't helping. I was asking about a different thing.

Besides, I can only see the card associated with my membership on my Adobe account page and not the one automatically used for the images purchase.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The card which is on your Adobe account will be used for the monthly payments that are for your active subscriptions.

However, for on-demand purchases, the credit card details have to be entered each time as they do not get saved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ Sheena That's what I thought, but the last time the images were downloaded automatically without asking for my card details, which is pretty bad considering that I wanted to buy them with another card. Is this a bug or something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are downloading the images as a part of your Stock subscription plan, you won't be asked for any credit card details because your subscription is being charged under that credit card automatically each month.

But for the licenses which are not associated with any plan, will be prompted for the card details each time.

That's the current workflow, but I will take your comment as a feedback and pass it onto the concerned team.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Sheena. I was not downloading the files under any subscriptions - I don't have any stock subscriptions, they were on demand and I still wasn't asked about which card I want to use.

It is very important to have control on which cards I'm using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the details Balkan!

This is helpful and I would pass the same information to the team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi BH,

When you purchased your first on demand Stock asset it established a default payment method for your future purchases on the Adobe Stock site. You can view and edit that payment method in Account Management: https://accounts.adobe.com/plans

EBQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2017 Jun 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EvilBugQueen1​ you are contradicting what the previous staff member said. I should really be asked for the card details each time I download on demands.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Balkan,

EvilBugQueen1​ has mentioned the same thing what I had said in my first post about the viewing and editing of payment method on your Adobe accounts page.

Also, she is correct in stating that the first time card details are saved as default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand anymore. You said 'The card which is on your Adobe account will be used for the monthly payments that are for your active subscriptions.' Well, I don't have any monthly subscription to Adobe Stock and when I'm buying images on demand I should be asked how do I want to pay each time. It's a simple matter, I don't know why it became so complicated. Thanks for trying to help, but it's just not working, so I give up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 11, 2017 Jul 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi BH,

I'm sorry, the system is not set this way. Your payment method is saved with your first "on demand" purchase.

EBQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started